Windmill

Ron Altier

I made this windmill about a year ago. I used an in line skate roller with ball bearings for the center hub. About a week ago I looked out and it was gone. I found the parts scattered in my neighbors yard. We had some wind gusts over 50 mph and I figure something let loose and it flew apart. So I gathered up pieces and saved what I could. Today I reassembled it and strengthened it at the weak points. Next step it to put a tiny generator on it to light a light, any ideas where to find one? Each vane is about 8" long

fullsizeoutput_bcf.jpeg

23 hours ago, Ron Altier said:

We had some wind gusts over 50 mph and I figure something let loose and it flew apart.

Better tie 'er down Ron based on the weather report I just read. Denver could see the equivalent of Cat 2 hurricane wind gusts with sustained 60-70 mph. It's going to be a rocky ride for you the next 48 hours. Keep us posted

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Ouch!

Could break a record for the lowest barometric pressure ever...somewhere between 975-970 mBar. Lowest on record for Denver is 975.8 mBar.

Add to that up to a foot of snowfall is going to make this a very dangerous storm.

Hope Ron and @Stick486 keep us posted. Maintaining electricity is going to be a challenge.

• 6 months later...