Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Woodbutcherbynight -
Gene Howe -
111
3020

Top Posters


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

We have a couple months left, then he goes off to West Point Military Academy.  He got accepted and leaves in July.  So far as I know he will be doing something that takes him into the Army Corp of Engineers.  

 

About the same time my son starts US Merchant Marine Academy. Big deal after that will be what branch he decides to serve in.  His MOS will be in Engineering.

That is interesting that he is doing this before going to West Point. Not all West Pointers are engineers. They go to all branches

Congratulations on you sons appointment. Does sailing flow in his blood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll bet you're a very proud dad and mentor. You should be, too. Well done, my friend, well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerald said:

Congratulations on you sons appointment. Does sailing flow in his blood?

I served in the Marines, his mother is active Navy.  Can't say he got much exposure to the water and such but she had more say than me in the matter.  Being divorced I of course am the bad guy, nor can I or will I ever do anything right.  :JawDrop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 8:49 PM, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Of course I introduced a new tool in woodworking.  More brutal than what we are used to generally.  The chainsaw.  

I've got a little one he could use....

:throbbinghead:

Stihl MS 880 with a 59" bar/chain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For one, I will miss the activities of teacher and mentor.  I have immensely enjoyed this topic.  Thank you for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

I have immensely enjoyed this topic.  Thank you for sharing.

I am sure another one will drop in, have several people that have teenagers wanting to try their hand at woodworking.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I am sure another one will drop in, have several people that have teenagers wanting to try their hand at woodworking.  :)

I think if you could swing it, it’s a wonderful opportunity you give him/them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Artie said:

I think if you could swing it, it’s a wonderful opportunity you give him/them

As always depends on the individual.  When I was coming up anytime I was left at family members house I would be out with someone doing something, working on cars, fixing roofs, laying concrete working on the farm.  Loved it.  Hard to find younger ones that aren't addicted to the phone and think a dresser with 8 drawers can be made in an hour.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

As always depends on the individual.  When I was coming up anytime I was left at family members house I would be out with someone doing something, working on cars, fixing roofs, laying concrete working on the farm.  Loved it.  Hard to find younger ones that aren't addicted to the phone and think a dresser with 8 drawers can be made in an hour.  

I couldn't fit this in above the quote.

:throbbinghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...