I switched over to finishing this man chicken

Smallpatch

Sorry,  but I don't believe in water born finishes! As long as Sherwin Williams has lacquer I will always use it. And when everyone stops selling it I will probably retire from woodworking..

Kinda like I always have used oil base for my decks and any other outdoor stuff.. Well some one suggested I at least try some latex out door paint...That was the first and the last time I will ever buy that again...

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, Keith.

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Sorry,  but I don't believe in water born finishes! As long as Sherwin Williams has lacquer I will always use it. And when everyone stops selling it I will probably retire from woodworking..

Kinda like I always have used oil base for my decks and any other outdoor stuff.. Well some one suggested I at least try some latex out door paint...That was the first and the last time I will ever buy that again...

Waterborne finishes have come a long, long way from when they first came out.  I've used them from Valspar (Zenith), Sherwin-Williams (Kem-Aqua) (that now owns Valspar btw), and General (Endurovar).   Had good results with all of them.

13 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

I'm with you, Jesse! Us old dogs don't need no new tricks. 

Cal I think I am still a ways till I hang it on the wall..I am in the process of spaying each piece which is a chore. Also if one doesn't take these puzzles apart and put them back together a few hundred times before the glue is applied it sure gets in to a mess with the glue setting up and not knowing what goes where.... Nature has been good to me for I have had some warm weather so I can spray these things outside.IMG_1683.JPG.0fd42394c09ae18fae761cd3c08bb600.JPG

I am in the process of finishing the frame but I will put it all together this morning to see what I dd wrong and to practice  the final install...How is your etching doing? Need some more pictures.. We have a mirror hanging by the back door and now every time I go out I think of you for it has some of what you are doing.IMG_1585.JPG.c5bda3db05a51f032f43667b27145486.JPGIMG_1583.JPG.43f5f2bd277a7bfe79ec39a603f3e6a0.JPG

Kinda hard to take a picture of whats in a mirror!!