Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

I couldn't wait to start a new scroll saw carving project

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Smallpatch -
Smallpatch -

Top Posters

Well Patch, it looks like it's gonna' be cool (as always) but darned if I can figure it out with all those little scroll lines. I see a duck (or goose) in flight, a cross or sword maybe, either flames or a lobster claw, Hansel & Gretel or Jack & Jill plus I'm convinced I see the front legs and hooves of a horse...I tried squinting and to stare through it...didn't help...even took my glasses off but then I thought I saw a wolf's head with his mouth open....gonna' give me bad dreams now.

I see a horse, may be a carrosel horse?  But darned if I can make out what is slung over it's back, looks like a headless person...  What the heck have you been into Jess?:BugEyeSmiley:

He guys I thought I would throw you guys a twist so I turned it up side down before I took the picture!!!

Cal your neck must be longer to be able to turn you head that far around to see that much...

Dave I like how your imagination runs wild while trying to figure out all those lines....You guys should do some of these things I do. We do lots of puzzles in the winter so these pictures all sawed up is just a continuation of the same thing. I do have to learn where all the pieces fit in a real quick time for when I start to glue everything back together and I did get a little smarter for I mark-so-lot all the bottoms or else I end up contouring the wrong end sometimes. 

Once I read Cal's discovery, I can see it now.

I'm amazed how fine those cut lines are in a 1" thick piece of maple.

The lines are so precise looks like they've been laser cut.

Here's the duck or goose and the sword or cross that I see...

image.png.8facf159855f0a78ec9b7ab2f1be55bf.png

Jack-n-Jill or Hansel & Gretel

image.png.9c517c5ac322e56b86d87cb2946dd379.png

Lobster claw &/ or flames

image.png.5302b0eb2b3c2981935d4260ff98e6b9.png

Horse hooves & fore legs; at least I got one right.

image.png.341770e84479f66e1300f9da3fa5234d.png

Dave you didn't mention the part of the scroll sawing in that picture that I was the most proud of and that is the four lines I made cutting out the inside of the frame.. I think the hardest thing a person does in scroll sawing is make long straight lines and this might be the best four lines I ever made....

Edited by Smallpatch

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Dave you didn't mention the part of the scroll sawing in that picture that I was the most proud of and that is the four lines I made cutting out the inside of the frame..

ALL the lines are amazing Patch, but I'll give you that, you nailed it on the long ones for sure.

Looking forward to seeing this one come along.

22 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Cal your neck must be longer to be able to turn you head that far around to see that much...

No, my neck isn't longer - I just had to think like Jess would think... and I rotated the pic to see it.

Thinking like Jess would think - that right there is a scary thought;)

Definitely coming along nicely Jess.

Hey Patch, I think I finally figured out what this one is gonna' be...it's a carousel horse, right?:lol:

This one is going to keep you busy for at least 2, maybe 3 days.;)

Gene I never know where to start. I know I might learn faster if I spent my time on your tube but then I would have no time in the shop.

So I started on the horse on the right side and immediately I realized the horse on the left needs to be up higher.. Hope that makes sense? Well duh, raise him up ...So that's what I am working on right now..

Got my popcorn ready for the show. This is gonna be GOOD!

Wishing her the all the best today. Technology has come a a long way for this procedure too which helps in the recovery time. Prayers for you both.

Yep heard of it Patch...used to be one of the most common type work place "injuries" where I worked...aka, repetitive motion syndrome. Couple of my BIL's & one SIL both had the surgeries years ago eventually on both hands/wrists. She'll end up with small cast/splint like sleeves on her hands/wrists for a while which will limit he motion and use, but you should still keep a safe distance in a couple of days 'cause she'll still be able to wop you if/when needed.:P

No worries needing extra sleeves on any clothing because once you get the hospital bill, it'll cost at least an arm or two and possibly a leg as well.:lol: Good thing you can get those free drinks after today. Maybe while you're in that dark alley, you can sell or trade some of those Dremel tools you have stashed in the trunk. I'd pull out that rope you had in there though for just in case.;)