I couldn't wait to start a new scroll saw carving project

Smallpatch

She probably won't have any real pre-op to worry about, but i hope her doc talked to her about post-op and recovery.   I had an ice pack on mine the first week and when i went back to work my doc had said to get a bunch of the cheap silly-puttys and make a big glob and use that to work my hand.   Your insurance (?) might cover the fancy stuff they sell, but the cheap stuff worked well for me.  Hope it goes well for both of you.  :)

Dave you had me there for a minute till I realized you were talking about the rope molding... back from the operation and hey I just realized that is her swinging arm that been under the knife so for a few days at least when I miss a red light and run it she won't be able to put a knot on my ear as a reminder to watch what I'm doing while driving..

If I could catch her asleep I am think about painting her middle finger with some bright colored paint since the doctor told her to keep her  arm elevated for a few days...

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

besides I can't sneak up on her for she never seems to be sleeping, always got that one eye on me!! 

Just shows you she kows you better than you think she does which is how she planned it.:P

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

I did get a little more done after she laid down...

Glad she's able to rest some...good thing to do after the day she had...prayers for you both all continues well with full recovery.

Carving project is really taking shape...even I can see what it's going to be now. Detail is already amazing.

Glad to hear that Bernadette is doing ok.  My wife had this surgery, probably 15-20 years ago and said it was worth the hassle as the constant pain was gone afterwards.  Which should kinda be a warning for you, that after she's all re-coop-er-a-ted that she will have a swing and muscle behind it like you haven't seen in a long time Jess!

Patch, glad to hear the Mrs. is on the rebound. Down the road you may want to look for a pair of bicycle gloves, HF carries them. I bought a pair years ago when my work required running a hammer drill for long periods. They work great when using hand cutters, palm sanders and such. The gel packs absorb the shock from the tool in the palm of your hand. I also use them when I'm using yard tools to dampen the vibration.

dsBuffer_bmp.png.c1b8bb90f616732ccaee7d70a60bcb63.png  

Bob, is this the actual picture of the gloves without fingers.....If so, this is where I get all my injuries is on my fingers....like when I'm trying to sand a small piece of wood say 1/2" square by holding it up against the 1 x 40" belt sander or the drum sander or the disk sander or the vibrating electric sander turned upside down laying on the table saw on a piece of rubber....or holding the wood the same way and trying to navigate the Dremel over the wood and trying to miss the skin and bones...I do use the thin latex rubber gloves like the doctors use but they only last a few minutes and the pieces of latex starts piling up on the floor. At least I have finally learned to do the small pieces last  so this way I don't get blood all over the whole project. I have never completed a project whether it be large or a small one day affair I always end up with bandages on both thumbs...

Plus getting some down time while installing the bandages if I don't keep a death hold on each piece then I have to stop and clean up the shop when a piece goes flying out there and under tons of shaving and saw dust...And if the truth be known any clean shop is clean because the owner never does anything to get it dirty. Kinda of a bragging thing to show off to his neighbors!!

I do wear some thick leather insulated gloves when using an air chisel or things of that nature. Bone bruises take a long time to get over and that could keep me from my shop time...

I do appreciate the recommendation for the gel packs might be better than what I am now using. I will check them out when we go back to the big city for the doc to tell my wife how she is doing!

I use to have one of the big air compressors on a trailer and a jack hammer and nothing I ever found helped when running one of those things.....

7 hours ago, DuckSoup said:

Down the road you may want to look for a pair of bicycle gloves, HF carries them. I bought a pair years ago when my work required running a hammer drill for long periods.

Thanks Bob...IDK H-F had those...I'll check into them too. Would be perfect for when running the chain saw & especially string trimmers. I normally don't wear any when using the ROS, palm sander or R/A grinders but after about 45 minutes or so, I get tingling...too many years of operating impact wrenches, then torque control wrenches. Probably hasn't helped either all the years using my hands as hammers even when I knew better. Live & learn...well live anyway.

Patch, I did a quick google search and grabbed a picture for show. There are all types, full glove & fingerless. Prices are reasonable, less than 20.00. I like the fingerless, saves me the trouble of cutting holes in the tips and then cutting the tips off. I wish I would have found the sooner.

No no Dave, I know every rock on Mars or the composition of each rock. How far down to good drinking water and where good places for out houses would go. I figure if one drinks water he will sooner or later need an out house.. but with food being somewhat scarce maybe not so often on the outhouse. And actually I did't realize there are fast food places on Mars but I'm sure the fast food name has been changed or should have. Things might get a little stale by the time the supplies gets there. 

My small telescope can't pick up small buildings so your info has me excited...

Bob, where did you say these kind of gloves are located. We have another appointment Monday so I can look over the selection...

Well, I got the opening of their ears pointed in the wrong direction unless the horse is mad then they turn their ears a different direction... Didn't know that until I read it yesterday...Then I read when performing on a carousel they are not too happy even though they seem to be. And this is a strange rule California has just passed a law removing their ears if propersition 69 is not displayed. Seems like someone leaned over on to an ear and choked to death. So teeth should be shown at all times when the carousel is turning...

I also read where they are trying to get congress to pass a law requiring a wall be erected between California and all the rest of the states...

Back to the horses... I think I will use kids water colors on this project..

Now I know what the rope was purchased for. You are one talented man Patch...The carousel horses are amazing.

Mr. Rooster is going to test you a little with all the feathers and especially getting the color just right.

Looking forward to following that one along as well as seeing the horses in "living color."

10 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Now I know what the rope was purchased for. You are one talented man Patch...The carousel horses are amazing.

Mr. Rooster is going to test you a little with all the feathers and especially getting the color just right.

Looking forward to following that one along as well as seeing the horses in "living color."

Same here. Jesse, you are an inspiration.