Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
JIMMIEM

Auxilliary Wood Table And Fence For Drill Press

Rate this topic

I came across this plan...

A Better Table for a Drill Press

3 hours ago, Stick486 said:

I came across this plan...

A Better Table for a Drill Press

Nice!

What had got my attention on the recent Woodsmith table was the fence that pivoted.  Pivot point on one end and the other end has a bolt that moves along a curved slot in the table.  Looks to be a new 2018 plan.  They also have a Youtube video that shows the entire construction process.

9 minutes ago, JIMMIEM said:

They also have a Youtube video that shows the entire construction process.

"They" as in WS? If so, I saw that one pop up on my Recommended List a few days ago.

I haven't watched it yet, but assumed it was new. I'll take a look tonight if I can stay awake.

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

"They" as in WS? If so, I saw that one pop up on my Recommended List a few days ago.

I haven't watched it yet, but assumed it was new. I'll take a look tonight if I can stay awake.

Yes. the WS folks did the video with each one of the guys doing a part of the build.

4 minutes ago, JIMMIEM said:

Yes. the WS folks did the video with each one of the guys doing a part of the build.

Anybody have a link for it?

23 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I think this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AMDDiddxO8

32 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

This is an older one, but complements the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAsoN1vW54

Moved topic out of Woodworking Tips to Woodworking

Gene, the original intent of the tips forum was for you all to submit tips originating in your own shops. 

I would like to avoid links to outside sites demonstrating tips, but rather tips that are unique to our members here. Anyone can search tips on Google, why come to the tips forum, just to be redirected off-site?

Otherwise we'll have a tips forum full of links. 

But, these forums belong to you all. I am always open to suggestions.:)

Woops, I just remembered why I moved this. The original topic was not a tip, it was a question. But my previous reply stands 

On 1/13/2019 at 6:24 AM, Gene Howe said:

Destaco type clamp.  

Had to look that one up.

https://www.amazon.com/destaco-clamps/s?page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adestaco clamps

HErb

@Dadio, HF has them for much less and, they work fine. 

Go HF.

7 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

@Dadio, HF has them for much less and, they work fine. 

Go HF.

We always called them "Boeing clamps" as they use them extensively on the jigs in their production lines for clamping parts together for assembly. Also the would show up at Boeing Surplus store in big tubs well used  for sale.

Herb

On 1/14/2019 at 1:27 AM, Dadio said:

This is the one I made for my the old Atlas DP.  Disregard the battery in the back that is to operate the HF trailer hitch jack to raise and lower the table.

I am interested in how you adapted that trailer jack to your drill press.  I have an old drill press that I would like to do the same thing to.

RJR

2097910189_Newtable2.jpg.339760b1b1a5ad827c2719e3d2308829.jpg

578876958_Newtableandlift.jpg.516872f393c3b95959802ca979174152.jpg

1183709637_Newtable.jpg.f7ffdf1683311f6712cb73af522532e9.jpg