Roof access

Gunny

• 1 month later...

My only concern, not intended as a criticism, is how about the wear on the shingles.  Roofing materials prices have drastically risen here.  It may have been due to the hurricane that went ashore across northwest Florida and into Georgia last fall.  Anyway to cover 20 squares, the materials cost over $5K, then the labor of another 2 grand.  It was cheap compared to other roofs, but expensive to a retired federal employee.  

1 hour ago, FlGatorwood said:

My only concern, not intended as a criticism, is how about the wear on the shingles.  Roofing materials prices have drastically risen here.  It may have been due to the hurricane that went ashore across northwest Florida and into Georgia last fall.  Anyway to cover 20 squares, the materials cost over $5K, then the labor of another 2 grand.  It was cheap compared to other roofs, but expensive to a retired federal employee.  

Good point but this is not somewhere I go all the time.  Just to clean gutters and do minor repairs.  From this standpoint you would get wear anyway.  I just eliminated the ladder from the equation.  

21 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Good point but this is not somewhere I go all the time.  Just to clean gutters and do minor repairs.  From this standpoint you would get wear anyway.  I just eliminated the ladder from the equation.  

Good job on that, It is sturdy and well built. I don't like to get onto my roof anymore, be a good place to sit and look at the stars on a warm night though.

Herb