Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Morris -
Dadio -

Top Posters

I am just curious, how many folks use spell check, and what is your source for using spell check?

• Native browser spell check?
  • Copy paste your content to another source then copy paste it back to your topic?

Thank you for your feedback.

what ever is availabe to what is being typed at the time...

mostly the SO..

she's an absolutely a wizz at spelling..

gets it rigkt 99.99% of the time including for contaxt..

too bad she's sleeping in rigkt now...

John---just a thought--- I've noticed that a lot of the misspelling comes from those that use TAPTALK.

I'm assuming that sometimes it gets to you & others--me included.

But while we're somewhat on the subject a grammar checker would also be nice.

combined it might alleviate the need for extended time to correct content.

Grammarly is what I use. But---just recently it looks like a different spell checker kicked in when I switched to Opera. It looks like what was coming up several months age but it disappeared on its own. It doesn't do grammar however.

The best one that I found was to go back and read EXACTLY what you wrote, not what you THINK you wrote.!.!

C/P'ing back and forth doesn't always work because of dissimilar editors... makes for extra work sometimes...

this is what my document writer does for spell check...

ScreenShot009.jpg.1f05e397dbc00249e43473c858ff640c.jpg

4 hours ago, Stick486 said:

a darker underscore wold be nice and would greatly enhance visibility...

the onr that is there is invisible....

Native built into Chrome. Agree with Stick about the visibility of the underline 

Does anyone know of a setting in the browser spell checkers that can change the color? Mine always shows up red underlined.

Thank you for your feedback guys.

There has been enough interest over the years that I am researching some developed features for our editor that would perform spell checking here in our community, and folks would not have to rely on the browser checkers.

The software I am looking into actually performs spell checks, and additionally grammar checks, and supplies a Thesaurus dialogue for those who are interested. The software is intuitive, and is activated by the user by simply clicking on an icon in the editor bar tools, a dialogue appears and gives you options for correcting your text.

This is in the baby steps, but I am aware of the need, and desire by our members. Thank you all for your feedback once again.

For both spelling and grammar I use the information pounded into my brain by my grade 6 teacher. And unless I'm in a big hurry, I then read my post BEFORE posting to ensure that my finger actually hit the keys I THOUGHT it hit!

John

Thank you, Mrs. Wood! They don't make teachers like you any more. :(

I'm lazy. I just hope that my spelling is right. In my school days, "over a half century ago", I was pretty decent with my spelling.