Sharpening services for router bits

rlpeterson

Hello all, 

I have a router bit that I think I bought from Jasada. They are now out of business. It his a rail and stile bit combined. I put it in my table last night and tried to put some Hickory trough it and it needs to be sharpened. It is a carbide bit and I would like to send it out to be sharpened. This would be the first time that I have sent out a bit and I was wondering if someone would be able to steer me towards a quality shop? 

Best regards, 

Ron 

No personal experience with them Ron, but I know they always have a booth and a line at the Indy Woodworking show...

https://ridgecarbidetool.com/sharpening-service/

There's another service usually there too, but I can't remember the name...small family operated business out of Illinois...nice people...I know I have their card; problem is IDK where I have it???:blush:

10 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

No personal experience with them Ron, but I know they always have a booth and a line at the Indy Woodworking show...

https://ridgecarbidetool.com/sharpening-service/

There's another service usually there too, but I can't remember the name...small family operated business out of Illinois...nice people...I know I have their card; problem is IDK where I have it???:blush:

Before you send the bits off, I would follow Stick's advise and clean and "touch up the bits" yourself. I generally find, that, resin and pitch builds up (even if you can't easily see it) and a couple of swipes on a diamond card does wonders. Clean the bits first, hit them with a diamond card, and if they still need sharpened send them off.