Mini Router Table

Gunny

13 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Call me lazy 'er energy conscientious, I'd leave it white...paint on the Formica will eventually chip. Black will absorb your light too.

I should have been more precise on what I wanted to change from white to black.  The edge that faces out and comes flush with the door.  That currently is white Formica.  I am thinking maybe remove that edge and go with some black Formica or I have leftover that matches the cabinet top above.

The top I suspect will get modified a few times over time as I expand how much this gets used.  

13 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Won't be seen unless you're using the router...rest of the time it will be closed. My $.02

Normally I would agree, and all the other drawers are finished with some golden oak stain and few coats of poly.  BUT, once I put a tool into it worked out all the kinks and such I am thinking needs a step up in the game.  :ChinScratch:  May even put a tool nameplate on it.  Like I did this "Snap On" toolbox that I made to fit on these shelves.

IMG_0500.JPG.02e150407325339ce1febef044f99254.JPG

4 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I am thinking maybe remove that edge and go with some black Formica or I have leftover that matches the cabinet top above.

As is still looks fine to me, but if you feel strongly on the change, then my vote would be to match the cabinet top...but hey, I have no artistic vision and tend to be a minimalist conformist.

4 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

and all the other drawers are finished with some golden oak stain and few coats of poly.

still my vote but, hey, I have no artistic vision and tend to be a minimalist conformist.

Edited by Grandpadave52
typo

On 1/9/2019 at 10:11 PM, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Still using it, just have to run a pipe up to the bottom of the baffle plate.  Ran out of time for this evenings work.  

IMG_0716.JPG.c37ca3d0ef4d11701a4b14384aba6f5f.JPG

So cool.  Thanks for that idea.  Sorry, no checks.  No Western Union, either.  LOL

One other thing to consider is to have a spring lock or something to block the drawer from retreating while in use.  

Edited by FlGatorwood
forgot to add the spring lock idea