Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

Not a foot switch, a knee switch

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Smallpatch -
Smallpatch -

Top Posters

IMG_1489.thumb.JPG.15b0203b85934e9c709cf35eaa2ae647.JPG

I took the saw off the Dewalt radial arm and built a plate to hold a router. Next I used a geared down forward-reverse motor and put it in the place of the hand crank back on the top rear that use to raise and lower the saw.  I then mounted the forward -reverse switch under the table in front so I could raise and lower the router with my knees as I held the wood I was working on... So instead of on and off, it raises and lowers the router.. I quickly learned I needed some help so I wouldn't forget which knee made it go which direction...the reason for the up and down on each side...

The glove is there to keep my head from banging on the end of the arm while concentrating on what the router and bit is doing. This set up did take away trying to free hand a router on certain task...