Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

HandyDan -
HandyDan -

Top Posters

Very cool and a great idea. What a clever way to get the kids (& the adults) away from electronic devices. These will be a big hit.

You do extremely nice flat work too...Obviously had to hold dimensions to close tolerances. BTW, I like the unfinished look especially with the wood variety.

Thanks for sharing the idea and results.

When I was doing this project I used a lot of rough sawn lumber and used a cheap blade to clean it up in addition to the jointer and planer.  When it came to final cuts I decided to give my new blade a spin.  Years ago I was at a woodworking show in Columbus and they were demonstrating a Dewalt DW7640 and were getting glass smooth cuts with it.  I bought one and it was amazing.  When it was time to replace it I decided to try the Forrest WoodworkerII and was not impressed especially after all the good I heard about it.  I was talking with @Stick486 and he said to try the Freud P410 10" 40T.  It is equal to the discontinued Dewalt blade I used for years.  Glass smooth cross cuts and glue line rips from one blade.  I will buy another when it is needed.