Saw recently Menard's is now advertising Craftsman tool boxes so apparently will not be exclusive to Lowe's. Wonder what impact if any it will have have Menard's branded Performax & Masterforce tool storage?

I know many of you don't have access to a Menard's since they more regional to the Midwest & mid-South...

Menard's Sale Circular

image.png.1c17c21514955010e3b93d3d1ed22df3.png

10 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I wonder if they will be like Ace Hardware and Lowe's and not warranty broken ones?  

IDK...was at Menard's locally today and did not see any of the Craftsman boxes on display...didn't look closely if they are carrying any of the hand tools yet.

I went to Lowes the other day to buy a replacement Porter Cable ROS and found them on clearance.  They were dirt cheap so I bought two.  The sales clerk told me that Lowe’s is going to stop carrying many of the Porter Cable line and sell Craftsman instead.  What a mistake.

23 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I wonder if they will be like Ace Hardware and Lowe's and not warranty broken ones?  

Aw, not necessarily true! I can't speak for Ace Hardware as I've never tried to exchange a broken Craftsman tool. However, the local Lowe's will exchange for a like tool, if the new tool is physically available in the store. Those items not carried/in stock can be exchanged via a website.

Armed with that, check with your local store and see what their policy for exchange is.

12 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

IDK...was at Menard's locally today and did not see any of the Craftsman boxes on display...didn't look closely if they are carrying any of the hand tools yet.

I have two Lowes stores fairly close, one about 2 miles away and the other across town (about 4 miles). The closer store has Red and White displays all over the store and the one further away, has very few. Probably, stock is at the store manager's discretion.

I noticed, that, the tool selection is sparse. As an example, I was looking for a 1/4 drive set of metric hex sockets. They had SAE but no metric. Not even a place for them on the display board. In today's climate of mixed fasteners why would you carry one and not the other?

3 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

I went to Lowes the other day to buy a replacement Porter Cable ROS and found them on clearance.  They were dirt cheap so I bought two.  The sales clerk told me that Lowe’s is going to stop carrying many of the Porter Cable line and sell Craftsman instead.  What a mistake.

Ron, the Craftsman tools are owned and being made by the Stanley group of tools. The power tools are probably DeWalt power tools in red/white attire. Although I'm not an offshore fan, if I had my choice between the two, I'd personally take the DW over the PC.

Craftsman used to be a good name until Sears ran the line into the ground, starting in the 80's. I just hope that Stanley does something to bring the quality and CS up to where it once was. I'm willing to give them a chance, but they have a lot of bias to overcome.

1 hour ago, It Was Al B said:

With the Craftsman brand being sold at Lowes, Menards and Ace stores, I'm wondering, who is the parent company, Sears?. 

Al, Stanley Black and Decker owns the brand. Lowes is just the vendor.

https://pressurewashr.com/tool-industry-behemoths/#whoowns

Look at the top left corner of the graphic.

4 minutes ago, schnewj said:

So, for now it is apparently store specific. Per the above, they are still ironing out the details and trying to get the manufacturing lines up and fill in the tool gaps after the acquisition.

Interesting information.  Thanks.  I see they are still ironing out the details, sounds so familiar in today's time.  Throw it out there, make the buck and we'll deal with issues later.:Laughing: