Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

HandyDan -
HandyDan -

Top Posters

So you’re a woodworker, AND a machinist. Those are fantastic. Are these something you make on a regular basis? Or is this a most likely one time project? The breadth of projects in this hobby amazes me.

Wow, Dan!  Amazing ideas and work.  So, now you have me wondering.  Do you get a kit for the bud vase?  Where do you get them?  Can you show your procedure so the rest of us can learn and make some attempts?  I would love to make these for Christmas trees next year.  In other words, can we use your corporate knowledge?  

Steve in Pensacola

On 12/18/2018 at 12:29 AM, HandyDan said:

Steve these are not a kit.  I buy the metal vases from Goodwill and other thrift stores and engineer them and the wood to make it all come together.  Here is a video to get you started.  After the holiday I will do a step by step on one and post it here.  If you have any questions after viewing the video just ask away.  As with any turnings the more you do the better you get at it and most importantly is to be careful.  The hard corners stay on while turning the inside and can give some busted knuckles.  You will understand how I know when you get yours the first time.  

The video is so good. It makes me think I could do that (and I have never turned before, can’t imagine the learning curve)

Iff’n you wuz of a mind, I’d love to see a video on the ornaments. They look like something I’d like to try and make. Warning- if you give me enough info to try one of these I may turn into a pestiforous annoyance :) 

43 minutes ago, Artie said:

Iff’n you wuz of a mind, I’d love to see a video on the ornaments. They look like something I’d like to try and make. Warning- if you give me enough info to try one of these I may turn into a pestiforous annoyance :) 

I will get to it after the holidays.  Pictures but no video.