Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
oldwoodie

Handheld booster battery for vehicles

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

oldwoodie -
HandyDan -

Top Posters

My daughter brought her little handheld battery booster to me, and it has an inline fuse that is blown. I pretty well know what happened, but she hasn't admitted it: I believe she must have hooked it up backward and blew it. If anybody knows what amp fuse it would take, I could solder one in line, but don't know what amperage I should try to find. It seems that cold cranking amps can vary from 350 to 650. So, anyone got a suggestion other than to toss it and get another one?

Can you post pics or model numbers to help in a search. If you can locate the bad fuse in the booster it may have amperage ratings on it.

You say "little hand held booster" which leads me to believe it is a lithion ion battery booster.  I would think they would have some safety built in for wrong hookups.  I would check to see if she used it right.  Get the instructions from her and see.  Most of the newer ones have an "ON" button to push after hook up or they will not work.