Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Dadio -
Grandpadave52 -

Top Posters

I recieved this in my email this morning,I do not know this person ,he addressed our club.I thought I would pass it on to you guys as the topic of Set-Up Bars comes up occasionally.

Hello I have some product to offer,

Due to some events my grandfather passed away a while back. He was a professional wood worker amongst other things. He created these Brass Set-Up Bars with a wooden container just before passing. There are 105 packaged Set-Ups Bars in each box. 13 boxes. Each box weighs around 60lbs. Would love to have a few, but have no need for all of these. Most Set-Up Bars online go for 11-17 a pop without a container and 25 with. Feel free to make an appropriate offer. Willing to discuss a discount price and shipping for bulk purchases as well. Not looking to charge full price on these by any means. Attached below is some photographs.

Thanks for your time! 

Colton Rogers 

(360) 610-9932

S_UB.png.f8040957db1a2c81e7e13990457cbe86.pngSUB.png.18630f5f60a8a0b1924799ed4d4892e9.png

Herb

Untitled.png

Edited by Dadio

2 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Thanks Herb. Does anyone in your club actually know him?

No, I don't know what area code 360 is. I was the designated contact person when I was on the steering committee, and I guess they never removed my name from the web site when my term expired last December.

Herb

Edited by Dadio

4 hours ago, Dadio said:

I don't know what area code 360 is.

Area code 360 is the telephone area code for western Washington state outside metropolitan Seattle.

360.png.bf0470c765af21167940b93b2dccb93f.png

Edited by Stick486

Rockler has a set for $27.99 plus shipping. Little fancier storage case but also appear to be be shorter.

https://www.rockler.com/precision-brass-setup-bars

One could use a set to make very accurate keys for a box joint jig too. Just a random thought.

With the large number he has of these, wonder why he isn't trying to sell on eBay? Has to make you wonder...just sayin'

On 12/5/2018 at 5:18 PM, Gene Howe said:

Keyway stock is cheap and comes in many more flavors. My set goes from 1/8 to 3/4 in 16ths. They ain't purdy, though. 

Wha...What! You mean they don't have to be brass? You mean I can buy key stock and cut them to any length I want. Wow! ...and here all of the major retailers had me convinced, that I had to over pay for short brass set-up bars.

I'm headed to Tractors Plus...or better yet I'm calling Granger, put in an order, and drive the 10 miles to get my new set-up bars. :throbbinghead:

Now that the sarcasm is over...I have to agree with Gramps...why isn't he selling these on eBay! In addition, he wants you to buy in bulk...just a little fishy!

6 hours ago, schnewj said:

In addition, he wants you to buy in bulk...just a little fishy!

Must have thought they would sell like hot cakes.  I made my own out of some scrap MDF up to 1.5 inches.