Update on Allen Worsham in Kentucky

Allen Worsham

Well, Tami and I have been here in Bowling Green Kentucky now for about a month and a half now. We have been working getting everything in order with furniture and kitchen items to make things functional. We (meaning my wife) is working on getting the walls all decorated with family photos as well as various country style-ish stuff and furniture. So right now things are looking good. After all it is all about "Happy Wife=Happy Life".

This new chapter in our lives is moving along nicely. There have been a few bumps in the road, but nothing major. After all we plan and God laughs. Our home is in a large subdivision called "Greystone". It was started in 1995 and we are now in the 3rd and final phase. Almost all of the houses are single story with 2 car garages. Some have opted to build out the attic area into an additional "Bonus Room" or additional "Bedroom". So we live in an area where there will be about 30-40 more homes and then it will be full. We have been the only people living on our street that will have about 20 houses on it. The name of our street is "Alpine Pine Street". They must of been drinking Kentucky Whisky when they were naming this street. But it does make an good conversation starter with others who look at as like we are from outer space or California. The best thing about where our house is located is that we have a .41 acre lot which backs up to a family that is on a 5 acre parcel outside of our neighborhood so nothing else will be built behind us. The sunsets from our back porch are beautiful!

So what to do with all kinds of family photos from the various generations of both sides of our families. Well, it has taken awhile to weed through the photos and scan a bunch of them at Sam's Club and get a whole bunch of photo frames and picture hanging hardware.  So now that we have the major stuff done, it looks very nice and my wife is happy (remember....Happy Wife=Happy Life). We have also got our 2 guest rooms all squared away with the large room that has a queen bed and the smaller room has a full size. We have some friends from California that will be coming by on either Sunday or Monday depending on the weather as they are coming from Georgia and there has been some heavy weather.

Tami's Family on the left and my family is on the right.

2018-11-30 07.24.57.jpg

This is the oak case that I made years ago that contains my Great Grandfather's tools. The 4 photos on the side are of my Dad's parents and grandparents. The photo below the case is of my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother

2018-11-30 07.27.37.jpg

This is our house. This was the first snow.

2018-11-15 14.09.00.jpg

This is the large "Guest Room". The quilt on the wall was made by my Grandmother and I made the "Quilt Hanger".

2018-11-17 15.50.47.jpg

2018-11-17 15.51.00.jpg

This is the small "Guest Room". The rug is a south-west design and I made the quilt hanger.

2018-11-17 15.51.24.jpg

2018-11-17 15.52.07.jpg

This is the view from my back porch and the house that is on a 5 acre parcel.

2018-11-03 07.10.50.jpg

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

So, how are you finding the area? Lots of history, I'll bet. Tried any good southern cooking? 

Where we live is about 5-6 miles from the main drag. There are 2 primary streets which are Campbell Road and the other is Scottsville Road. These 2 streets contain the main mall which indoors with all the major national restaurants as well as some smaller independent restaurants. We also got the major national retail stores. We have one center that has Wal-Mart, Target and Lowe's. There is another center that has Kohl's, Michaels and across the the parking lot is Home Depot. All of this is within a mile or so. 

As for "Southern Cooking", we tend to stay away from the oil fried stuff as it does not sit well with Tami and I.

We have driven around the area some. We went to Franklin Kentucky which is about a 20 minute drive. We got to walk around the historic town square and went into a few shops and picked up some decor items in some consignment shops. 

Archived