Friday, November 30,2018, What’s on your Patriot Woodworker agenda?

John Moody

5 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Here's that mesquite slab after 3 coats of the home brewed wipe on finish.

Beautiful & unique piece Gene. Such character in the wood and with the added features.

We'll need pictures once the legs are done & installed. I vote for a medium gloss black...oooh, powder coat would be awesome.

11 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Beautiful & unique piece Gene. Such character in the wood and with the added features.

We'll need pictures once the legs are done & installed. I vote for a medium gloss black...oooh, powder coat would be awesome.

Thanks, Dave. Mesquite is fun.

As to the base...who knows? But, powder coat is probably off the table...pun intended. He was talking about hair pin legs. We'll see. 

2 hours ago, Cal said:

That is a beautiful piece Gene.  What does it weigh?  And approx. dimensions?  And hair pin legs can be powder coated...

Thanks, Cal. 

I'm guessing it's about 8+ lbs. But, things seem to weigh more than they used to.:unsure:

It's about 17" across and 16" long. It's a tad over 2 1/2" thick. 

Kevin bends, welds and paints. Don't think he's in to powder coating...yet. but, he often surprises me.

Hey guys. Thanks for the tips on powder coating. But, it's going to be indoors, it's just an end table and, chances are, the legs or whatever, will not be too visible. 

After all, it ain't no showpiece. It is just an example of "lets not waste this hunk and, lets have some fun."

1 minute ago, John Morris said:

What do you think of the idea of a dedicated department to show top projects?

The idea is great...on paper. No one knows how the projects on LJs are selected for the award. If it's a real known person, he/she would likely have an in box full of hate mail.