Prayer Request Box

lew

Wonderful job Lew, as Bob said, those "little" things do take time, the miters are superb, you have your tools tuned so well!

I had to do a double take on the first image, the prayer box looked as big as your Bridgwood planer! I thought at first, wow, they got a lot of prayers to offer!!!

Thanks for sharing Lew, excellent work.

2 hours ago, Harry Brink said:

I made one about a year ago and used a hasp to lock it. How does that key lock mount? I didn't want to take a chance and mess up.

box7.jpg

Harry, I used this one from Woodcraft-

27H01.0.jpg.449383c058ddbc3e2a7313f399cbfdd8.jpg

I wish it would have been shorter (made for up to 3/4" stock). It sticks down inside a little bit farther than I wanted. My original thought was to get the metal "finger" to engage in a small slot on the inside of the front. Because the lid was slanted, I had to bend and amputate a portion of the finger so it would fit. At that point, I realized my talent for precise slot location wasn't going to hack it. I glued a small wooden stop/catch on the inside to engage the finger. Used double sided sticky tape to position the block until I found the correct location to hold the lid down and still allowed the key to turn easily.

see, that's a question i'd ask before i started sourcing lumber?  I can pray directly to God, whenever I want or need to.  I don't need to find a scrap of paper, and then a pencil, and then put it in writing and then deposit in some box far away.  i'm guessing that my discussion of theology would last longer than it would take to just make the box.