Grandpadave52

Archived Forum -Indicating New Replies (Resolved)

Last night I was perusing the Archived Hand Tools Forum when #New Replies pops up...assumed it was for other Active Forums, so I clicked on Show Replies to close pop-up...a bit later, #New Replies appeared, again clicked on Show Replies and continued scrolling through the post...again, #New Replies...same as previous actions...I then realized I was re-reading earlier entries...every time I clicked on Show Replies, it was adding to the thread. Checked a couple of other threads, same issue...

Visiting archived posts tonight, about the time I got to the end of below thread, 4 New Replies pops up. I've quit clicking on Show Replies to eliminate multiple duplicate posts in the thread. I don't recall this happening in the past.

image.png.1c7140253164be9e37d2bcf20256c201.png

Gramps, those replies are because I am editing topics in the Archives, and when I edit a post withing a topic, and save, the replies activate, the software is smart, but not very smart to know that I am only editing and not replying.

You may see this now and then, just blow past it, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 minute ago, John Morris said:

You may see this now and then, just blow past it, sorry for the inconvenience.

I just quit hitting Show Replies to keep it from repopulating the thread.

No biggie..

Dave,

I get the same thing when I'm going through editing topics/replies.

It took me a while to realize it was referring to the replies to the topic/replies I was in the process of editing.

1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said:

It took me a while to realize it was referring to the replies to the topic/replies I was in the process of editing.

Weird isn't it? It doesn't occur immediately after going into the thread; sometimes never; most of the time after I scrolled through most of the page.:WonderScratch:

I don't remember this anomaly occurring prior to the last upgrade.

Not a show stopper...just a minor nuisance...Just don't click on Show or it becomes a Pinocchio thread growing longer and longer. :P

Weirder yet, the other day I started editing a topic/post .

When I would hit the space bar it acted like I was hitting the Delete key?:WonderScratch:

I quit trying and left the post as it was, without proceeding further.