Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! November 19, 2018

John Morris

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

Community News

We finally have been assigned our Adopted Family for Christmas by Operation Ward 57! I am currently working on creating our event, and making it live soon, we have only a short time to raise funding for our family through our traditional raffle, stand by folks!

Operation Ward 57.png

Latest Wiki Entries

Regarding the two entries for the Lie Nielsen hand planes, those are somewhat of a test. I created a Bench Plane entry easy to use form for our members to use. You will be able to activate the form and fill it in with simple to use easy steps, and click on "Save", and your hand plane page is created. You will be able to take images of your own hand planes in your shop, and add them to our wiki with factual data and information about your hand plane. Future forms will be created for all types of tools and machinery and other woodworking related data.

Form screen shot below, the drop down menus have choices such as "Common Name", when the down arrow is clicked a drop down menu of choices - Smoothing - Jack - Fore - Jointer, are shown as a selection. Click on the "Save" button and a wiki page is automatically created with all the information you entered in this form.

At this time, this form is for Bench Planes only, not specialty planes, there will be additional forms to cover the specialty classifications of hand planes.

bench plane form.JPG

bench plane form a.JPG

New Members

Please welcome  to our community, @vaporleaf, @Tom Lee, @Larry K, @Andrew, @Lorry, please click on their names and leave a message of welcome on their profile page. And to our new members, welcome to your new community folks!

Featured image

Credit: https://www.donsmaps.com/pacificnwclothingmasks.html

Naas shagi yeil s'aaxw (Raven at the Headwaters of Nass hat)
Attributed to Kadyisdu.axch', Tlingit, Kiks.ádi clan, active late 18th – early 19th century.
Description: Ceremonial hat
Date: ca 1810; photo 2010-12-18
Medium : Maple, paint, shell, hair, baleen
Notes: There are human figures crouching within Raven's ears.

Ravennass.jpg

Being that Thanksgiving is this week I'll try helping the wife get things ready,

but she usually just tells me to get out of her way. 

Probably have to make a dentist appointment, I have a tooth that decided to keep me up half the night.:Punched: :PullingHair:

I'm sure he/she will refer me to an oral surgeon, I've got a double plate lower jaw bone that the inside roots are trapped in.

They always end up having to quarter the molars to remove them.

Not much in the shop this week, just some clean up & put things away. Friend called and said he has some 5.5" chair rail he removed from an office remodel and some ash that he cut down. Head over there Friday before the camp fire on Saturday.

Pick up our bird tomorrow and get it into a brine. Prep work on Wednesday and this should make for a nice calm Thanksgiving day, at least that's my optimistic vision.

@Gene Howe That looks like a monster, good luck on that build.

Picked up some small stuff at an estate sale and two mic stands to save the woodturning club over $80. We had a great meeting and the last one at that location. Working today and some of the club members will move the lathes today. I have the smaller stuff in my shop and plan to engrave most with club name. We will take the small stuff later this week

Have to put up outdoor Christmas deco this week as all the neighborhood decorates and turn on weekend after Thanksgiving.

Have started on Christmas gifts. But only started. It has been a short month with no time to get done what I wanted to.