I lucked out!

HARO50

A friend told me he had something I might be interested in, and I could have it.

DSC_0007.thumb.JPG.9321524b72bd155432a8d6e33edd641c.JPG

The forward handle was missing, and the heavy grease that had been applied to the gears made it impossible to turn the crank, but it cleaned up nicely. Even had a handle from something that fits (plastic, but will do for now).

DSC_0008.thumb.JPG.03cef4628ac8a1bde92c060a3b642406.JPG

"Aurowa", made in Germany.

Later I stopped in at a local "antique" barn. Lots of rusty, broken-down old braces and drills for ridiculous prices, but I did find this!

DSC_0010.thumb.JPG.63248d5abaa498c62e717e55ed8199cc.JPG

Apparently made by Millers Falls! 10" throw. Rock solid, everything works, and only needed the dust wiped off it! $22.! Could have had a rusty, non-useable one to hang over the fireplace for ONLY four or five TIMES that amount! Go figure. :rolleyes:

One other "tool" caught my eye. We had one in the house when I was a kid, and it functioned so well that I just HAD to get it!

DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.ce243c9465f7c7defdfa560509128e8c.JPG

Labelled as an "Old Crimper"! These people don't even recognize a nutcracker when they see one? :unsure:

John

Edited by HARO50

27 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

"Aurowa", made in Germany.

Wow...excellent condition for the age both the paint and the original labeling decal...amazing.

28 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

Labelled as an "Old Crimper"! These people don't even recognize a nutcracker when they see one?

Cool. Any markings, engravings on it? That one has got some age. Funny, my grandson said that's what the doctor used to remove the cast from his leg.:P

31 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

Apparently made by Millers Falls! 10" throw. Rock solid, everything works, and only needed the dust wiped off it! $22.

It would have been priced that much or more here in US $$'s John. Amazing condition. The chrome will clean up and polish great on it. Probably mid to late 50's based on the logo. M-F's did make several for Craftsman as did Stanley.

Told you that you would feel better after a rust hunt. Beats sitting in the cold in a tree stand too.:lol:

19 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Nice finds but who cracks nuts these days?

9 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

I still consider myself a DIY type of guy! -_-

John

Dan, and John,

I still crack nuts and I'm also a DIY kind of guy. :WhoMe:

But I do it this way. :BangingHead: 

Nice finds John.:TwoThumbsUp:

• 10 months later...