New CA glue that we need.

hawkeye10

I have not tried this CA glue but I will. It can do a lot of things that other glues "can not". I could be wrong about that. Some of it you can color, and there is one that will not cure until you spray it with an accelerator, you can fill dings with it. 

It's called Glue Boost, and there was an article in the Wood Workers Journal this October. Here is a link that will give you more information than I ever could.

https://gluboost.com/

I have used a few CA glues and for the most part they are OK. However some fail and only end up sticking fingers together. Most do work, but the main problem I've had is that I only use a small amount and it sets there for a month or more before I use it again. Then I find it has permanently welded the lid to the tube or what remains is hard

I don't know if I'm using storing it wrong or misusing it. I thought about submerging it in in water to seal the air out .

46 minutes ago, Ron Altier said:

I have used a few CA glues and for the most part they are OK. However some fail and only end up sticking fingers together. Most do work, but the main problem I've had is that I only use a small amount and it sets there for a month or more before I use it again. Then I find it has permanently welded the lid to the tube or what remains is hard

I don't know if I'm using storing it wrong or misusing it. I thought about submerging it in in water to seal the air out .

Ron, I have had so much go bad on me too, and I saw somewhere that if you store it in the refrigerator it will last forever, and that is a long time. I tried it and it is good still, don't know how long "forever" is tho.

One problem I have too is that some never sets fast enough or at all. I got some blue light special glue like the dentist uses and it sets right now when you apply the blue light  to it.

Herb

@oldwoodie I will get back to you on the bluelight, I think it came with the glue.

https://www.amazon.com/blue-light-glue/s?page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ablue light glue

Rockler sells it too

@Gene Howe  Now we know how long forever is, K marts been here forever,:lol:

Herb

@Gene Howe

Edited by Dadio

• 2 weeks later...