Rockwell JawHorse RK9000

The tool addict in me made me do it. I've had a curiosity about these saw horses with jaws since they came out, but wasn't sure enough that I needed one at the price they go for. Well today a used one showed up locally, so I did some checking around on the net to see if it was a good model, and a good price. What I found was that Rockwell for now has  parts, but you have to contact them to see if they have what you want, you can't just lookup parts yourself. I asked them if they have the rubber pads for the jaws and was told yes, but in my opinion the set is very pricey for what they are. I did end up buying the used JawHorse which by the way, the rubber pads were in great condition. Now I'll see how often this thing gets used.

2 hours ago, CharlieL said:

Now I'll see how often this thing gets used.

Keep us posted. I've seen a few on CL for a decent price...unfortunately they weren't close enough to make it a good purchase once gas/time was factored.

Still think I would like one too...I'll keep watching...might be a purchase sometime when Memard's has their 11% Rebate Sales. They used to carry them...IDK anymore.

4 hours ago, Dadio said:

Picture? Is that like the B&D Workmate?

Herb

These are two pictures that the seller posted. I can take some pictures too if someone needs a better look at something about the machine. It's feels heavier then I imagined it was going to be. I'm happy so far.

RK9000.jpg

RK9000Fold.jpg

Edited by CharlieL

On 10/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, CharlieL said:

These are two pictures that the seller posted.

That doesn't look like it had ever been used??? I'd say you did good.

How are the rubber pads fastened to the jaws? Could you make some interchangeable hardwood jaws to use either with or in place of the rubber pads? Might help to extend the life although that may not be a concern if it's not used/abused on a job-site.

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

How are the rubber pads fastened to the jaws? Could you make some interchangeable hardwood jaws to use either with or in place of the rubber pads? Might help to extend the life although that may not be a concern if it's not used/abused on a job-site.

Right now I'm not sure how the jaw faces are attached to the jaws. There are holes in them that line up with the holes in the jaw, but no bolts in them. I did look at the parts schematic in Rockwell's website and they show bolts, but don't give the size. For now the jaw faces seem to stay on, so I'm not going to open that can of worms yet. Hardwood jaw faces I would think would be a option, I also have thought of using white poly chopping block material that I have, or even some thick rubber belting, or mud flap material. 

Edited by CharlieL

53 minutes ago, CharlieL said:

I also have thought of using white poly chopping block material that I have,

Yeah, hadn't thought of that, but that would be a good option too. I've picked up a few of those cutting boards at Wally World and Dollar Tree to cut & make runners for sleds and such. That probably would be even better than hardwood jaws for most applications especially if one side has the rough, alligator type surface. Pieces of 3/4" thick Baltic Birch would work nicely too.