Making smaller things

Smallpatch

This old microwave has a large glass turn table with a raised edge so I fill it with water, boil it and the maple wood and this is how I heat the wood to bend. Then clamp it in some formed pieces of wood.

Good suggestion Dan. I think also an out board motor would look okay instead of the oars....

Herb when I go fishing I am always going after the largest thing in the water and this being a fresh water lake I could set a record here in my county if I hauled in a 500 lb. white tip. It might even be down played by the New York Times.!!!

Wonderful topic Jess,

Please see the tags modified under the title of your topic, I added tags that more closely represent your topic. Really, not a whole lot of thought needs to go into tagging, just simply create one word tags that closely represent the topic.

While tagging, just think along the lines of "who else may use similar tags in their topics". That is why using one word tags is always best and two word tags at most, try to stay away from tags that look like partial sentences such "preserving our forests" and such. The reason is, it is highly unlikely anyone else would ever use that same tag. But, viewing the tags I inserted, you'll see "boat" "mobile" etc, the likely hood of another topic creator using those tags is very high, thus linking together related topics. Pretty cool right?

So, do me a favor, and click on the tag "boat", you'll see other topics that others tagged "boat". Now aint that something! So now, in the future when another user comes along and reads your topic, and they are interested in seeing more content related to boats, they can find it by clicking on "boats".

Thanks Jess

15 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

I just now found out when I lowered the motor, the prop didn't reach to the water. I couldn't race anybody so I went and traded it in for the long shaft model now I can out run everybody. Oh, the motor is a V8 563hp model that just come out... I bought the first one and today I couldn't find any one on the lake to race.IMG_1143.thumb.JPG.86bd1f4b04d521b2874dd409bdfda79a.JPG

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the prop is on the wring side of the motor.:rolleyes:

Herb

I told my wife I was going to check and see if anyone ever looks at the pictures that are posted. So thanks Herb.IMG_1148.thumb.JPG.1a6257c0026f02ad30de18d61bd6a825.JPG

Something I didn't do when I started whittling the prop was to see which way the motor would be running like Dave suggested earlier.

Also Herb I did this before I started hanging things to cause the balance to change. These holes are in the 60 to 80 number bits and the holes are drilled with a 73 size.IMG_1154.thumb.JPG.575a34cd7819e24eb9af7d8ef1bfbb40.JPG

Sorry for the blur. Thought I might have to drill a hole in his nose when I hung the motor.