Proud new papa

JohnM

Steve my experience may be the opposite of yours. I did not sharpen enough and still have all those cheap Harbor Freight and mini Benjamins. I was able to get some good tools not long after I started turning and did not do much turning to start so maybe that is the reason they lasted. Only recently have I started to sharpen often the way I should.

I truly appreciate everyone’s advice and recommendations. They are all helpful for me as they will assist me in making decisions that fit me best. I have the tools from my SS so I am going to use those to practice sharpening and turning and then start adding better steel as time goes by. @Jim from Easy Wood Tools I am sure I will add carbide to my arsenal as well so we will have to chat and i am happy to see the hearty endorsement of your product. I have ordered the wolverine sharpening jig and it arives today. I still have to get my 220 Ron so hopefully it is not much longer before I am throwing chips. 😁