Proud new papa

JohnM

To all the congratulatory comments, thank you all. I knew it was an excellent deal. Normally I am the one that is a "day late and a dollar short" to these kind of deals so I feel very fortunate. For once I had some inside information that allowed me to get it before it was available to the masses. 

I have been doing a lot of reading and watching videos, but my hands on learning curve is pretty much vertical at the moment. To me, that is half the fun of learning a new craft. 

To @John Morris, I still want to get a floor stand drill press and MAYBE a jointer, but my wallet is starting to give me the evil eye so I will probably have to wait a while longer.....unless another killer deal comes my way :D

And I am still in the process of selling my ShopSmith which will help fund some more of my wants. 

Thanks again everyone.

Edited by JohnM

MAYBE A JOINER: A good blade on table saw eliminate need for Jointer & you need a PLAINER & drill press is my recommendations. BAR CLAMPS as cheap as you can find.  A few hand clamps, couple vice grip type clamps(need'm once n awhile), Harbor Freight sells some very good very low priced chisels for lath. Look at wood handle on the expensive one, then look at same handle on HF, HF doesn't have the rings round handle , I'll hush fore I PO somebody er'another.  I'm gone, good luck

13 hours ago, Gerald said:

You just bought a great lathe so get a few good tools. Look at Thompson or D-way. Harbor is ok if you want to sharpen every 3 minutes. You do not need to buy the whole set at once .

I agree with Gerald...  Thompson lathe tools are as good as it gets for HSS tools...   Then when you are ready to try some carbide tools....  well....   let's talk!  :D