Restoring A 1964 Walker Turner Drill Press

Welcome to TPW, Bruce. That's  great looking restoration of a fine piece of machinery. From what can be seen in the background, you've done a few other machines, as well. Just curious...what is the black thing in your last picture. Looks like a '56 or '57 chevy.

Edited by Gene Howe

Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker. Great to have you here.

Fantastic write-up on the W-T restoration and even more fantastic job on both it and the Rockwell.

Love the story behind the '55 Chiefton. Beautiful car. IMO, those were some of the best cars GM ever made.

Can't wait to see what else you have in the works to share next.

Great Job on the restoration. They sure have shrunk down the motor sizes over the years,that would have been the size of a 1/3 h.p. motor in it's day.

I like the height adjustment of raising and lowering the head instead of a table, I don't think I have seen that before.

Did you make a new base socket or is that an after market replacement ?

Really some good features incorporated in that drill press including the knob type quill lock in the front.

Good job, great pictorial, Like the Pontiac too,you Granps had good taste.

Herb

The base was part of the drill originally. I just bought a 1/2" thick steel plate, and a heavy duty stainless restaurant table.

Gramps took good care of the Pontiac. But he did squeal tires often. I am surprised the tranny held up all these years. I cant remember if he ever had it rebuilt.

• 1 year later...