Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

I use a #2 Bic with the replaceable lead .07 mm size when I'm drawing out patterns for the scroll saw. I use to bear down too hard and not only the line I had to remove but the groove also. ...But for the lines that are left I use a big flat course eraser for those lines. I do have a number of soft, hard and limber erasers which all work on different woods and paper.. This lead leaves a brighter line with less pressure so no groove to sand out!! I do use lacquer thinner sometimes when I have lots of lines to remove.

Funny for I use to stay on one side or the other of the line and leave it completely showing when scroll sawing and could never leave the same size gap from the line but now that I stay on top of the line I can do a much better job of cutting that line and no air on either side of it.??? Strange but true.

7 minutes ago, hawkeye10 said:

I had some denatured alcohol and it did pretty good. There is one spot that the pencil marks just will not come out. I sure don't understand that.

THEN, I resort to one of these.csm_2097181_Productpicture_24d88ad4e7.jpeg.daa91e98cc221ea151b60d73ea18c5d7.jpeg

Best one I've found for stubborn pencil marks. 

7 minutes ago, steamshovel said:

My favorite eraser is a brown sugar color about 1" square and when used a lot of the eraser comes off also but it has worked good.

Preston

Kinda like those sanding belt cleaners? Those work, too. But, a mite bulky. Don't have any that are eraser sized.

11 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

Found this one in a local art store...

don't know what it is made out of but the guy at the store suggested it and it proved to be a total success..

those are dimples you see on the side...

ERASER.jpg.3541d390fe0719659e144d44b81df4e0.jpg

Igor, its breathing, it has 18 nostrils.............

Herb