Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Nickp

Retirement is Hard Work...! ! !

Your mentors got it right. Follow their advice for a few days and you're status will be automatically upgraded.:cowboy: It's a chore but, you can do it.

Congratulations on your new status, Nick..... Whatever it may currently be. :lol:

John

2 hours ago, Nickp said:

1... I have finally joined the ranks of the "willing unemployed"...I have retired as of Friday, August 31, (somewhere around two days ago)

2... I have been advised I am now a "probie"...an intern in the fine art of retirement.

3... I have acquired two mentors...(names withheld to protect the innocent but Colorado and Florida won't let the cats out of the same bag)

4... My mentors tell me I need to practice the fine arts of nothing, later, nap, nothing, later, nap, repeat...

5... procrastinate...

6... As a probie I am to learn how not to tell time...or accurately note the current day...or how many days have past since some incident...or how many days in the future something is to occur

7...(except doctor's appointments). 

8... Also, don't make "to do" lists...rather, make "don't do" lists...

So I plead with you now to help accelerate my exit from "probie-dom"...not sure what the next stage is as my mentors feel I am not yet ready...

Any advice in speeding up my studies is appreciated...so I can make my mentors proud...

What should I do to break out of "probie" to full fledged "retired"...

Thank you in advance (but not too far in advance)

1... WAY TO GO PROBIE!!!!

2... forever and a day...

3... Good... WTB they won't want to ''sponsor'' anyone else because you'll be handful and make them be busy witch won't set well w/ them......
4... You left out eating, sex and fishing...
5... procrastination is a good thing... it gives you something to do tomorrow and nothing to do today...

6... when you are clueless as to what a day/date group is,,,  you have overcome a major hurdle...

7... the reminders are done by others... they ain't retired...
8... NO!!! that's still doing...

2 hours ago, Nickp said:

not sure what the next stage is as my mentors feel I am not yet ready...

drop all those projects you mentioned that need doing like a hot rock...

and...

check in every so often... we need to know if you fell off of the wagon and support needs to be rallied...

Edited by Stick486

2 hours ago, lew said:

Welcome to the land of being busier now than you ever have been!

that's screwed up...

on one hand we need do something to keep us busy lew. I'm thinking of starting tomorrow...maybe.

@Nickp

Well, PROBIE, I'm glad to see you are listening. I know it's a big change, but you'll ease into it just fine. However, to that end, you will need to modify your vocabulary, slightly. We'll start off easy...

Can you say, MONYANA? This is Spanish for tomorrow. Learn it well. Tomorrow, (monyana) you will be expected to use it in a complete sentence. Something like...oh, OK, I'll get to that monyana, but right now I need a nap.

Congrats Nick!!!!!!!

8yrs

Don't forget the part about "no money", AND congrats!

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

2 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Don't forget the part about "no money", AND congrats!

the downside..

no days off or vacations either ...

22 hours ago, HandyDan said:

My recommended day in retirement life.

Get out of bed at 8:00AM

Screw around on the computer until 12:00Noon

Decide what to do today with the understanding that I am still five hours ahead of the time I usually got home from work. 

I can get something done but what's the rush.  Tomorrow has the same options.

See, @Nickp Dan has "monyana" down pat!