Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Morris -
Artie -

Top Posters

Like kids, they out grow our needs and move on to the next adventure.

Looking forward to hearing, seeing and learning with you as you blaze a new & different trail...

This too will pass.:)

5 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Like kids, they out grow our needs and move on to the next adventure.

Looking forward to hearing, seeing and learning with you as you blaze a new & different trail...

This too will pass.:)

Great words for me, thank you Gramps, now that is what I need! :)

proxy_php.jpg.3c8544b391ba1ed37111f04e4f61c543.jpg

27 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I am diving in with all three feet

Hope they're not all left ones! ;)

John

3 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

proxy_php.jpg.3c8544b391ba1ed37111f04e4f61c543.jpg

Hope they're not all left ones! ;)

John

Oh they are John, they are, only two of em John, I always have one right foot for reserve. :P

I appreciate your meme, believe me, this has been long thought out, over the course of a couple two to three years, this was not an overnight decision. But, thank you for the reminder. :)

This is not just a Delta, 15" drill press it is a vintage Delta drill press and a pretty darn nice one at that...just adds another $100 to the value beyond the add-ons.

In fact it is a classic...some lucky Kallyfournean is gonna' be quite proud to get a chance to own this one.

That said, I've always heard/read, one of the best features of a SS is the drill press function so this looks like a win-win deal in the works.

7 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

This is not just a Delta, 15" drill press it is a vintage Delta drill press and a pretty darn nice one at that...just adds another $100 to the value beyond the add-ons.

In fact it is a classic...some lucky Kallyfournean is gonna' be quite proud to get a chance to own this one.

That said, I've always heard/read, one of the best features of a SS is the drill press function so this looks like a win-win deal in the works.

It is nice drill press Gramps. It's done everything I ever asked of it, I even used it with a Delta mortising attachment and it worked fine.

The new owner will be happy with this machine, whoever that may be, I hope as interesting as the gents I have met so far. Each machine that has left my shop, I have gotten a warm fuzzy feeling over where they are ending up, that is important to me.

Thanks again Gramps.

Hey John, you want to be cautious when using the SS for any future mortis work. Might want to rig some supports for the table. VOE.

OTOH, I would consider selling my benchtop PC Machine. Only used to make two Morris chairs. ;)

Gene, I am not using it on the SS. I used it on the Delta, and it's going with the Delta.

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Somebody is going to get a deal. So, only hand chopped ones from now on? 

Yes! Only hand chopped from now on!:)