Land Surveyor Retirement Witness Post

John Morris

32 minutes ago, Dadio said:

Do you make the brass disk?

Herb

No Herb, that sucker came from a survey supply outfit that specializes in marking monument disks for surveying. Pretty cool eh!:)

For setting monumentation, we will however stamp our own with a steel stamping kit, but for a show piece like this, we like to have it perfect and done professionally.

i got zip when i retired.  i got a phone call, "today is your last day, send in the laptop with your last expense report"

and that was it.  they chose the timing.  not even a coffee mug or ream of paper.  nothing.

somewhere in my files i have a photo of the survey marker at South Pole in Jan 1994.  brass item with similar engraving.

11 minutes ago, DAB said:

i got zip when i retired.  i got a phone call, "today is your last day, send in the laptop with your last expense report"

and that was it.  they chose the timing.  not even a coffee mug or ream of paper.  nothing.

somewhere in my files i have a photo of the survey marker at South Pole in Jan 1994.  brass item with similar engraving.

After 28 years with the company, I got 10 days paid vacation at the company condo on the Big Island at Kona ,and round trip ticket for wife and I and son, and a check for $3K.

It made up for all that free overtime I put in over the years. Like the Old Scotsman I worked for for years said, "They retired me with dignity", I was Happy.

Didn't get a marker tho. After that it was "Herb,who?"

Herb