kmealy

Premiers tonight at 10 EDT on NBC -- will be interesting to see if it's fab or flop.  I see Jimmy DeResta (DeResta DeResta DeResta DeResta DeResta DeResta DeResta  (If you've seen his YouTube, you'll understand this)) is one of the first guests.

https://www.nbc.com/making-it?utm_source=search&nbc=1

Ugh.  This is a sort of program like the various chef competitions.  OK, you have two hours to make X, then we're going to interrupt you while you are working and judge you at the end.  Fill in the time with silly discourse and personalities backgrounds.   Not at all what I expected from all the hype.  One woodworker and a bunch of Pinteresters.  Papier-mache, felt, paper, alpaca wool,...

4 hours ago, kmealy said:

Ugh.  This is a sort of program like the various chef competitions.  OK, you have two hours to make X, then we're going to interrupt you while you are working and judge you at the end.  Fill in the time with silly discourse and personalities backgrounds.   Not at all what I expected from all the hype.  One woodworker and a bunch of Pinteresters.  Papier-mache, felt, paper, alpaca wool,...

Agreed, I thought with Offerman in the show it would have been at least entertaining. 

For some reason I thought it was going to be along the lines of PBS Crafts in America. I love that show. But like you said, just another chefs show.

57 channels and nothing on.....

we watch the AM news while we sip coffee (mmmmmmmmm), my wife watches the afternoon news (fox) that i mostly skip, have delicious dinner (tv off during dinner prep and dinner), and normally watch 'girl TV' (HGTV) before calling it a night.  wednesdays we catch battle bots (like survivor for little machines) or survivor when it is on.  football during football season as background while she does her needlepoint/counted cross stitch projects.

glad i didn't make a point of trying to catch the above mentioned show.  2 hours to make something?  pass.  takes me that long to turn a decent bowl without interruptions. "are you done yet?  are you done yet?"

I didn't find it very interesting. More a craft show than a woodworking show, using the same format as my wife's cooking shows. It's got to get better, but the format, with an elimination each week isn't very promising. I'd prefer one project being built instead of several individuals competing with different types projects.