Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! July 23, 2018

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

Patriot Woodworker News

We are raising funds for our community, please see our fundraising topic by clicking on the prizes below!

Summer 2018 Fundraiser.png

Latest Wiki Entries

Straight from a wonderful book about "American Woods", by Shelley E. Schoonover, published in 1951, we are moving her out of print, out of copyright contents over to our wiki. There will be two categories for the trees of North America, The Softwoods, and The Hardwoods. See the latest entries at the links below.

New members

Please welcome the following members to our community.

Jari Kilpi is back! Welcome him at @Down Under And the son of a buddy of mine at work, they just purchased a new scroll saw! Welcome @Shane04. @Duct Tape, is he the same as our @ductape? @Mario Batas, and @Angelus. Welcome folks!

Patriot Woodworkers, please drop them a status welcome at their home pages. Thanks!

Featured Topic

Featured Image

Stacking and drying, worker piling 2x6 red pine lumber for air drying in the yard of the Terreau portable sawmill, at present located near Squaw Lake, Minnesota.

Source: https://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/Wood-Research-Portal

boards stacked and drying

Saturday saw me cutting and gluing dovetail splines till I was blue in the face. Sunday was spent in the AC, upgrading our TVs. Installing a couple Amazon Fire sticks wasn't the challenge to my technical expertise that I anticipated. But, testing them out proved exhausting. Had to sit in my easy chair in the AC to watch the movie recommended by @John Morris

Edited by Gene Howe