Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Fred W. Hargis Jr

TPW Gathering, Aug. 25. Time To Put Details Together

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Fred W. Hargis Jr -
Grandpadave52 -

Top Posters

OK, with the gathering date about a month off it's close enough to start setting things up. We had about 6 folks that thought they could be here, but let's start the count over to keep me from jumping back and forth between threads. I'm not asking for a firm commitment, just if it's likely you'll be here; the head count will allow me to plan for food and drinks. So here's what I'm thinking:

Gathering will be at my place (17676 Wapakoneta Fisher Rd, Wapakoneta OH 45895) on Aug. 25th. Time will be starting around 10:00ish (or whenever you get here, and wrap up at 5:00 so I can start dinner for my wife.

I'll provide lunch and drinks, current thinking is I'll get some fried chicken and a couple of side dishes. I'll also have soft drinks and water available. Some of you offered to bring something, what if I leave the snacks up to those attending?

No agenda, mostly a meet/greet and jawbone, though Stephen offered to do some magic with a Stanley 45 which I think would be interesting.

John thinks there will be some hand out stuff from Laguna (maybe t shirts, hats, etc.) and maybe Woodcraft, and Handy Dan won a Woodriver plane he's offered up as a door prize raffle.

I'd like to see as many as possible attend, but know I'm a little far for some folks..those who aren't here physically I'm sure will be here in spirit:P:P.

So a reply about you plan on coming , and any other input is what I'm looking for.

Should be able to travel by then....hole in the leg should be healed up,  allowing me to drive.   I'll bring a couple fancy planes along....someone can provide the practice boards?   Might even bring along the Infamous Aldi's Chisels? 

31 minutes ago, John Morris said:

@Gene Howe, the vision of you in a pair of WW1 goggles and flying through the air and screaming at the top of your lungs, just fits, I swear that would be you.

I love this movie, has a biplane scene in it that is classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondhand_Lions

Great movie! One of The Missus’s and myself, favorites!

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Just found it on Amazon Prime TV. I'll be watching it later today. Thanks for that trailer, John. 

You bet, you'll love the movie.

Sorry for trailing this off topic guys!