Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Fred W. Hargis Jr

Question About Woodsmith 'Tip'

Rate this topic

Click on the pic for a better view if it doesn't show the top.

I save the blades as shown and when I need one for scraping I use the blade in a small vice grip. when I take metal in for recycling I give them the jar. I have been doing this for 20 years or so.

sq 7.JPG

1 hour ago, Gerald said:

do you mean you throw away perfectly good blades without sharpening them at least once?:lol:

When i was a kid we had one of those that could do single or double edge blades.   Don't know what ever happened to it; expect my mom threw it out to keep me from playing with it.  :o

1 hour ago, Gerald said:

@Gene Howe do you mean you throw away perfectly good blades without sharpening them at least once?:lol:

I thought about it. Remember when we used to sharpen double edged razor blades with a drinking glass? Don't think that would work with box cutter blades, though. Besides, the last batch I bought was 500. Should last a while.

I pile all the metal I find, put it on a trailer and haul it to a scrap metal yard. I get almost enough to pay my gas. One company is buying all these businesses, and the small businesses are being forced out. A big magnet picks up all the metal it can attract. 

Did anyone think the solid waste person also knows it will come to his facility and be filtered out in the sludge that they transport routinely to a hazardous wast facility.

He may have offended many but thought of the process but did not state it.

P toad said When i was a kid we had one of those that could do single or double edge blades. 

I have one and it still has the original box. Most young people have no idea what a double edge razor blade is and certainly are intrigued when I show them this. I may post a short video.