Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
PostalTom

Content Offset (Resolved)

Using 8.1, and IE11.  When I click on a topic, the content starts in the middle of the screen, as if the left margin is over to half way across the screen.  The index for a particular forum displays normally, this is just the posts within a topic.  If you want a screen shot, you will have to tell me how to do that.  I've never tried that before.  This started yesterday for me.  Google works fine, this is just IE11.

hit the print screen button on your keyboard...

or maybe it's ctrl + print screen or alt + print screen

where it will save to is anybuddy's guess...

30 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

hit the print screen button on your keyboard...

or maybe it's ctrl + print screen or alt + print screen

where it will save to is anybuddy's guess...

What stick said then open your word processor program and press CTRL + V to paste the image into the document. Rite click on the image in the word processor and select "Save Picture As.." save it to your desktop then you can upload it here-  All this is if you use Windows if you are on a Mac. maybe someone else can give you the steps,

Thanks Tom, a screenshot will definitely help here. In addition to what the others said about a screen shot, you can use the snipping tool too.

See here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Tom, I am using IE11 right now and I completely see what you are seeing, it's ugly! The Home Page is awful as well, I am working on this now. Thanks for the report.

Looking good now.  Thanks John.  BTW, when I went on your Microsoft link to download  the snipping tool, I got a message from my virus program that it was a dangerous website and to exit.  What worked for a screen shot was the windows key in conjunction with the Print Screen key.  By the time I got there, you had already seen the problem.

15 minutes ago, PostalTom said:

Looking good now.  Thanks John.  BTW, when I went on your Microsoft link to download  the snipping tool, I got a message from my virus program that it was a dangerous website and to exit.  What worked for a screen shot was the windows key in conjunction with the Print Screen key.  By the time I got there, you had already seen the problem.

Tom- Windows has a built in snipping tool

488728865_2018-07-1209_23_12-Window.png.22737d80f49a450b62b87f625af82c3f.png

On the start button navigate to "W" > Windows Accessories > Snipping Tool

13 hours ago, lew said:

What stick said then open your word processor program and press CTRL + V to paste the image into the document. Rite click on the image in the word processor and select "Save Picture As.." save it to your desktop then you can upload it here-  All this is if you use Windows if you are on a Mac. maybe someone else can give you the steps,

Hey ,It works, now if I can only remember that, Thanks Stick and Lew.

Herb

Untitled 1.odg

On earlier version of Windows, snipping tool is in Accessories folder. It's a wonderful tool. I have mine in the taskbar.

4 hours ago, lew said:

Sorry, I just re-read what Windows version you have (mine is W10)

No problem Lew, it's there in 8.1 also.  I will have to play around with it.  Sounds like a handy tool.  The Ctrl V worked too.  Thanks a lot Lew, Stick, and everyone else.  Learned a lot today.

17 hours ago, PostalTom said:

No problem Lew, it's there in 8.1 also.  I will have to play around with it.  Sounds like a handy tool.  The Ctrl V worked too.  Thanks a lot Lew, Stick, and everyone else.  Learned a lot today.

Firefox, also, has a built in "Snipping Tool".

Click on the three dots (...) on the right side of the address bar and follow the drop down menu to the bottom selection. You can take, save, edit (crop) and save the selection. Then use the edited/saved shot to insert wherever you want.