Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

I was just down at Lowes to buy some epoxy and they Have a Dewalt 12" dual bevel sliding compound miter saw on sale for $399.00 and get a free stand with it.  Seems like a deal if one needs it.

$399 is a heckuva deal. $599...not so much. 

Here's one with a laser guide for $179.

61969_I.jpg.461eaf3124cda6be67dd449fd5a1f4ec.jpg plus ya get a flashlight.:P

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

$399 is a heckuva deal. $599...not so much. 

Here's one with a laser guide for $179.

61969_I.jpg.461eaf3124cda6be67dd449fd5a1f4ec.jpg plus ya get a flashlight.:P

The one I saw was a Yellow one.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-15-Amp-Dual-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw/3441818

Is the one you show a HF?

Herb

Edited by Dadio

22 minutes ago, Dadio said:

The one I saw was a Yellow one.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-15-Amp-Dual-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw/3441818

Is the one you show a HF?

Herb

It was indeed. Their "Professional" model is $399. And, ya still get the freebies. 

I have a newer benchtop PC mostly Aluminum jointer and it does good for the small short boards I joint. Before that I had an old stand alone ShopSmith jointer It was heavy duty the knives were a full 1/4" thick and had a 1 hp motor.

One day I was jointing a board and it threw a bolt on one of the knives. Scared the paduka out of me. I removed that knife blade and didn't find any other damage, so sold it to a guy for $20. and kept the motor.I told him about the bolt, and he said don't worry he was going to tear it down and completely rebuild it, that was his hobby.

Herb

I was in the store.  They were stacked three high in boxes and had a red sale sign on them #399.00.  Had a sign on the display model for free stand.  Asked clerk if $399.00 got free stand too and he said yes.

8 hours ago, HandyDan said:

I was in the store.  They were stacked three high in boxes and had a red sale sign on them #399.00.  Had a sign on the display model for free stand.  Asked clerk if $399.00 got free stand too and he said yes.

Didja buy it? 

36 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Didja buy it? 

Don't think I would use it if I did.  The sale was tempting.  I have an old Delta 10" and I bet I haven't used it in three years.

13 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Wow, guys. My Bosch SCMS sees action nearly every day. 

So does my Craftsman RA saw. And a lot quieter too. and can cut 14" wide,too.

Herb

Edited by Dadio

24 minutes ago, Dadio said:

So does my Craftsman RA saw. And a lot quieter too. and can cut 14" wide,too.

Herb

Aha... a RA will do the trick, alright. 

The Bosch will cut 23". But, ya gotta flip the board. OTOH, I don't have any boards that wide.:lol: 

And, it's not all that noisy.....wait...what did you say? Speak up.:D

9 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Aha... a RA will do the trick, alright. 

The Bosch will cut 23". But, ya gotta flip the board. OTOH, I don't have any boards that wide.:lol: 

And, it's not all that noisy.....wait...what did you say? Speak up.:D

Well now if we are flipping boards............28"?     :lol:

14 hours ago, Stick486 said:

I figured that was at least good for a ''SNORK''!!!

Just now saw it and yes it's "SNORK!!!" worthy