Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

5 hours ago, Mijohnson1984 said:

Nice dc looks way better then my sad  little shop vac and dust deputy.

Your Dust Deputy does a fine job.  I love mine.  I have a 2HP dust collector from HF and added the Super Dust Deputy to it.  Works well as designed.

image.png.0299d9d83f96925b9ab7f4a7c8524ac3.png

Edited by HandyDan

11 hours ago, CharlieL said:

Maybe this link will help you Get Started

Charlie I already know about dust and volumes. I do not plan on redoing my whole system as it is a 4 inch PVC thru the whole shop. I had a homemade cyclone box from a Shopnotes plan.

776202698_DCchipcollection(2).jpg.8e1c4fe208e1dc884b2880b2f980095c.jpg

It helped a lot and my 2.5 HP DC is in the attic so have to occasionally have to haul the bag up there out. Now the worst part is to remove the canister filter and take outside to give a through cleaning , maybe every 8 years. So to help avoid that I got the dust deputy that Dan showed and have a 5 inch line from DC to Dust Deputy (adapted the 6 inch on DD to 5) with the 5 inch DD in adapted to the 4 inch input from old box.

71406DF2-EDD6-4051-A03A-6D4B693ED132.jpeg.9952ab098a38f75b3bef237812a4a181.jpeg

So what my question was how did you build yours ? I have more pictures of mine if you want .

6 hours ago, Gerald said:

Charlie I already know about dust and volumes. I do not plan on redoing my whole system as it is a 4 inch PVC thru the whole shop.

So what my question was how did you build yours ? I have more pictures of mine if you want .

I'll stick with my much more simple, compact, streamline, and efficient setup. Thanks anyway.

Edited by CharlieL

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, Gerald said:

Charlie I already know about dust and volumes. What my question was how did you build yours ? 

After I already told one guy in this discussion that I don't give out that info here we go again. And now I suppose I'm a bad guy for it. Thanks for your support.

I built exactly what I wanted, a small footprint and very affordable 2 stage DC that works very well. I do not need or want a multi inlet system in my small one man shop, nor do I need a overpriced plastic Dust Deputy. As far as me going into build details, I seriously doubt that it's worth my time.

1 minute ago, CharlieL said:

I built exactly what I wanted, a small footprint and very affordable 2 stage DC that works very well. I do not need or want a multi inlet system in my small one man shop, nor do I need a overpriced plastic Dust Deputy. As far as me going into build details, I seriously doubt that it's worth my time.

Charlie, reviewing this post reply there does not appear to be anything productive to the topic here and it appears somewhat angry. In the spirit of collaboration and friendly posts and topics, can you please elaborate how this post is helpful, or we'll have to hide the post for further review.

Thank you sir

Also please see this friendly reminder topic:

29 minutes ago, CharlieL said:

I'll keep my ideas to myself since they are aren't worth anything to you or your members.

Charlie this is a site where we come to share our ideas which is why you keep getting requests on how you built it.  If you are looking for a monetary reward for your ideas maybe you should post them in "The Classified Swap and Sale" section so your intentions are clear.  It will also help to put a link to your company where a person could go and view a video on how well your system works etc.

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/forum/37-the-classified-swap-and-sale/

7 hours ago, CharlieL said:

Charlie,

Why do you feel that it would not be worth your time? You started the topic, and got asked some reasonable questions from members that might also not need a multi-inlet system due to space restrictions etc.

• 2 months later...

I've been a woodworker for about 30 years, and I'm done being takin advantage of, and made to feel as though I'm not worth much, if anything. I'm far from being retired. Last month I sold my Delta Contractor's table saw that I bought new about 25 years ago. I was very proud of what all I did to make it even better then what it was. It was sad to see the saw go, but I got a reasonable price for it considering what it was. Not all is lost though, I have a old Rockwell 34-607 nine inch Contractor's table saw that I have upgraded some with a link belt, a paddle switch, a motor quick disconnect, mobile base, and dust collection. I really like the saw because it is American made with a cast iron top, and is about the size of todays plastic and aluminum imported job site saws, which is important to me because my winter shop is small. It's nice to see that Freud still makes 9" blades.

Edited by CharlieL

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

Glad to hear that Charlie!

I'm not, I wish that I could afford to be retired. You have no idea what my wife and I have been going through in the last few years. It's called Cancer, my wife has been in remission, and for me I now have a disability, I lost my voice box, and still fighting the disease. My form of communication now is mainly pen and paper, unless I'm on the computer.

Edited by CharlieL

Just now, CharlieL said:

I'm not, I wish that I could afford to be retired.

Charlie, I still have a few years to retire, I'll be heading out of my day job at 60, but in order to keep me and misses heads above water, I'm working after retirement. It's a more common thing than we'd all like to admit, but if we can find something we enjoy to work after retirement, than it aint all that bad I guess.

Our plans is to hit the local arts and crafts circuits around our county and sell.