Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@CharlieL,

I received the following in an email but did not see this in the post so I cut and pasted it here. 

My apologies if my post appeared to be asking for free details.  I have the same Dust Collector and several years ago I made the Thien pre-separator using a 20 gallon trash can.  It has worked very well.  I was merely curious when you posted your pictures.  Again, my apologies for not being more explicit about the reason for my post.  

Hi JIMMIEM,
CharlieL has posted a comment on a topic, Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

Posted in Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

It is a metal can. I do not give out free details on how to build things that I came up with. I like to think that my skills and time are worth something.

It wasn't I who removed the post. That was nice of you Jim to clear that up and apologize, thankyou. It's also nice, and I'm glad that you understand, I can and usually do put a lot more time into projects then some people may be able to imagine or realize. For instance the 5 gallon separator that I also show in this thread I'm very happy with it, but yet someday I'd like to redo the lid just to make emptying the seperator just a little simpler, much like the one used with the dust collector, and that will involve practically starting over with another steel container. The dust collection hoods that I also make from sheet metal and for a couple machines I also have a lot of time into getting them as good and efficient as I can. In a nut shell, Made with pride in the USA.

Edited by CharlieL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got to say that I'm really disappointed in the lack of numbers of members participating in this projects. Call me stupid, but I put a lot off time into it and am very proud of what I've done, which in my opinion was to simply produce a very affordable 2 stage Dust Collector. But the lack of responses here is very discouraging.

Edited by CharlieL

Nice dc looks way better then my sad  little shop vac and dust deputy. I do find it funny that people complain about a cyclone system filling up just as fast as running it without one. It’s not meant to slow down how often you empty it just separates it so that the air that exits is hopefully cleaner. 

I need to look into a 1hp or 1 1/2 someday.  I put enough junk into my body as it is. I don’t need anymore help from the dust.

Your little separator has a ton of potential uses. Are you running 4inch or 2 inch fittings? At 5 gallons that’s a lot of pressure behind it either way. It would be interesting to see how those numbers would play out. How to test that is beyond me. I still belong in that newbie for newbies group. But the designs looks built to handle it.