Updating a Pricing List

Wichman3

On 7/13/2018 at 10:36 AM, Fred Wilson said:

I guess I'm living and working in the wrong geographical area.  My usual scrolling hourly rate is "minimum wage".  Now if someone comes into the shop and want something done, it's $20 / hour for non-scrolling work.

Yeh, I have been told I have a "Walmart" attitude when it comes to pricing.  This is my hobby, folks,not a business.  The bucks we get covers expenses, buys more wood and equipment AND sends us on vacations each year (where we are right now).

That's my 2% of a dollar for this scrollsaw topic.

Have a great day, brothers.

I'm with you Fred. Where I live nobody will pay more than $35 for fretwork it doesn't matter how many hours you have in it.

14 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

So, as of yesterday morning I am now the market manager for the local farmer's market. I can still have a booth (my kids will man it). But now, I can gently push my agenda for quality work at real prices. :)

Cool...well I'm guessing anyway...probably will take some diplomatic negotiations.

Does your market move in-doors during the winter months? Our local one shuts down Nov 1 until Apr 1 due to the weather. 

28 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

Dave,

Ours is from May through the end of Oct. Just too cold for any produce.

Essentially the same as ours then for basically the same reason. The one in our county seat (county of ~36k+ pop.) has grown significantly the past 5-6 years and includes many crafters, WW'ers, and scrollers.

This past year, three small communities (<1k pop/ea) in the county have replicated their own versions. They experienced good success too and have bigger plans for 2019. All three put out requests for non-produce vendors especially in the WW'ing/crafts venue.

Look forward to your next season and hopefully seeing some pictures from the market season...add that to your growing list of duties.:P Or you can delegate that to the kids.:lol: