Wednesday's Wisdom for Woodturners June 27, 2018

lew

Great compilation of all the activity here.

Congrats for the honor to present at the new club. Obviously they knew where to turn (no pun intended; alright it is a bad one:lol:)

Oops on the finial. FWIW, like my dad always used to tell me "if you never make a mistake it's obvious you're not doing anything." Come to think of it, that used to irritate me some.:P

Ayways, great job hosting this forum! 

@Steve Krumanaker Thanks! I really like this tool!

@Gerald Thank You! I need to make a better set of jaws to hold those tiny pieces (3/8 x 3/8). What I was using was a friction fit hole that didn't offer enough support to turn without the tail stock.

@HandyDan Thanks! Normally I'd use a different tool for some of the cuts. I get pretty good results from the EWT rougher (straight cutter) on small beads and the EWT finisher for coves. Just wanted to see what could be done.

@Grandpadave52 Thank You! Hope I don't make too many blunders during the presentation!

Also, Thanks to all who responded to last week's post. I really appreciate the input, comments and ideas.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, HandyDan said:

Thanks for this weeks update.  The detailer seems to do the job but I prefer a detail gouge over it.  I get a smoother cut and therefore less sanding.

Dan!  How would you know?  You have to try it first my friend....  then make up your mind.  I get beautiful ribbons of wood and a very clean cut with this tool.  

Edited by Jim from Easy Wood Tools