Thats about the only speed, somewhere in the lower 1740 or less they had on that size motor back then. A lot of them were not reversible so I hope you lucked out. You could add a ground wire if it makes you feel safer. The oiling holes does not mean ball bearings, could be sleeve bushings! But using on a band saw probably won't get it too hot anyway!! In certain parts of the country dirt dobbers might need to be cleaned out before trying to run it.  Looks like you might be back in service and ready to go.

Somehow....I have lost almost an entire weekend......Monster Migraine hit.....late Friday night, spent the rest of that night in the ER.....spent a little time shopping with the boss, yesterday and today...I think....

Head is still on another planet.....spent a lot of time sleeping, or so I have been told....not sure what was in all them shots the ER Nurses hit me with...both shoulders are sore.

Never found a Romex clamp the correct size.....went back to tape.....will use a few wire ties, to make a strain relief.  

Will update when the head returns....

4 hours ago, steven newman said:

Strange thing.....I haven't swapped out the motors...yet.  

You may luck out and not need to. As badly as that shaft was worn, it's possible the loading on the shaft was stalling the motor depending on how tight the belt was.

I would keep a close eye on the bearings though. They may not have felt rough when cold but as they heat up they could be seizing...something contributed to the under-cutting of that shaft.; just saying.

Glad you got it going again.

2 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Yep, good news. I can't help but mention...the motor was sitting next to what I think is a Simpson tackle box on the floor. I say this because I think I have that exact same box; but get this: I bought it new in the early 60's!

Now that you mention it, I've got one too except mine is a tan color; got mine probably mid 60's although I didn't use it for tackle. Mine was the "tool kit" for all my slot car equipment. Still have it today. I keep electrical smalls in it.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, I am trying to help my neighbor find a replacement shaft for his craftsman band saw, 

Manufacturer: Craftsman

Product Number: 69058

I have had not found any parts online keep getting the same feedback out of stock and unavailable. Any suggestions where to purchase or how to go about machining? Thank you, Josh

I'll second the welcome to the forum. I searched that part and it looks like it might just be a stock diameter bar, with a couple of light grooves and a key way cut into it. It's never cheap to walk into a machine shop, but taking the old part to one might get you one made. My search turned up several folks looking for the same part and getting no where....I'm thinking Ron's advice might be the best: buying a different saw.