Do I Need This?

I have one of these older ones.  Do not use it a lot but do use.  I use poster board for some of my scrolling ornaments.  Cutter is ideal for cutting the poster board.  Works great for trimming patterns.  Also works great for changing your finger prints - just watch where you have your fingers when cutting.

Larry

John about 10 years ago I happened to be at a school auction. Used to be my favorite place to buy woodworking machines.. 
Remembering back to when I took woodworking in 1951 52 and 53 none of the machines hardly got used and most certainly never to the point of wearing any parts out...But this school auction something else caught my eye and that was a Hermes Engraver...Any retired teacher probably used them to make their door signs or any other important plaques that was needed back then and they were using formica which when you cut the letter it gave you a two tone sign....Great for signs back then....  ..... After the biding was over and I got the high bid this lady stepped up and asked did I get the bid because of the cabinet or the machine..  The contents of the drawers I said. I finally sold the cabinet to the lady for 10 bucks less than the bid price.. Later I realized the cabinet with the 30" deep drawers was made special for the Hermes engraver so when I got home I had no where to store all the stuff. Sure wish I had have kept that wood cabinet ..

Auctions are great for they offer some quick learning experiences. Just get there early enough to check things out so you don't get burned.. After thinking I really needed that engraver I don't think I have used it over 10 times in about 10 years..Maybe a lot less years but when something is in the way almost every day...........Then you mention the paper cutter!!! My shop is 30x62 but it seems like it is 2 foot wide by 62 foot long.....

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2019 at 1:19 AM, Kevin Beitz said:

I has this one for a while. It will cut a 4/4 board. Weights a ton...

BIG Paper cutter.JPG

Kind of like the old Lion trimmers but for straight cuts?

As far as the paper trimmer I was given one but a retiring school teacher. Great for veneers or anything you could think of...sharp too..