Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! June 4, 2018

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead? Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

New Members

Please welcome the following members to our community.

@BornToMe, @Roger Mark, @brianpoundingnails, @Brian Longshore, @Gramps for 18, @RussellOvemi

To our new members, thank you for joining us! To our existing members, please click on their names above and shoot them a welcome message.

MWTCA June "What's It" (It's live!)

Featured Image of the Week

@Dale Felice making waves again with his wonderful chainsaw carvings!

Was surprised Friday night when my oldest grand-daughter told me she was scheduled to take her SAT's Saturday morning in the "Emerald City." So at 7 AM with a full, large travel mug of coffee and my Yeti knock-off filled with ice water. off we went on the "yellow brick striped road." OK I thought, I'll have 4+ hours to kill, I can hit some of the flea markets etc. Dropped her off at the the test site at 7:45A and off I went to my first stop...apparently none of these places open at 8 AM or 9 AM or even 10 AM...who knew...at least there was very little traffic, but makes sense now because, well, nothing is open.

Finally an open store a bit after 8 AM...Yes folks H-F opens at 8 AM here...the staff seemed glad to have someone to talk with at that time. A few other early risers showed too...no major purchases but allowed me plenty of time. Left there, and finally a couple of flea markets opened at 9ish...basically the 4+ hour time was spent driving from location to another and back...did find a few smalls in 4 hours.

Anyways, daily transportation duties, a tennis banquet tonight, a couple of swim meets this week, mowing, trimming, and hopefully get my truck released from ICU before weeks end. Maybe some shop time in between.

Rodeo and chores over the weekend. Wife flew out this AM for training at corporate so I have a week of WOW (With Out Wife). Not sure what I will do or get done yet, hopefully some time in the shop, but we will have to see what happens. What I planned at work for this week went to crap by 6:45 AM, so I am back to improvising and adapting so I can overcome.

Mowed the front lawn. Took a short  birch log 16"long and  on the band saw and cut strips 3/4 " thick. The wood is still green and when I went to the shop today, as expected, the strips had bowed and produced a few cracks. I wondered if I would be able to use the wood for anything other than firewood. It should burn OK this coming winter.

Edited by It Was Al B