Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

MWTCA June 2018 'What's It' Project

Rate this topic

Congrats @HandyDan well done on your research and diligence of validation!

Also an extra congrats for being the first ever Patriot Woodworker to correctly identify a What's It What's it:lol:!

Maybe you can finagle a TPW t-shirt or mug from @John Morris too for this feat!

congrats
Dan..

That will triple the attendance! :D Wish I were going.

John

7 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Thanks everyone for the congrats.  Is that a nice prize or what.  Such a beautiful tool.  My problem is I am a turner and the plane would sit in the drawer 99.9% of the time and that would be a waste.  So guess what?  I decided to donate it to the TPW picnic for all attendees to have a chance to win it.  @Fred W. Hargis Jr will have to get everyone's name and put them in a hat and draw a winner.  So if you weren't sure about going to the picnic here is a little something more to entice you to go.  Good luck to all.

Excellent Dan!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Thanks everyone for the congrats.  Is that a nice prize or what.  Such a beautiful tool.  My problem is I am a turner and the plane would sit in the drawer 99.9% of the time and that would be a waste.  So guess what?  I decided to donate it to the TPW picnic for all attendees to have a chance to win it.  @Fred W. Hargis Jr will have to get everyone's name and put them in a hat and draw a winner.  So if you weren't sure about going to the picnic here is a little something more to entice you to go.  Good luck to all.

Awesome gesture & idea Dan. Kudos to you for your kindness & generosity...Still plenty of time for folks to make their "reservations" to attend the first annual TPW Midwest Summer Fest. 

25 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

...and gestures such as this is what makes The Patriot Woodworker the best site on the inter-web to hang out. The never ending generosity and friendships developed with folks one may never meet in person is simply amazing.

Couple that with the on-going support of our faithful sponsors Woodcraft, Laguna, and Easy Wood Tools and the dedicated support team makes this site rise leaps & bounds ahead of all the rest.

@HandyDan, if you can put a name on this tool, what would it be called?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

@HandyDan, if you can put a name on this tool, what would it be called?

Thanks!

The industry calls them a fleshing tools.  See item description in this link.

https://www.flemingtraps.com/fleshing-tool.html

1 hour ago, HandyDan said:

The industry calls them a fleshing tools.  See item description in this link.

https://www.flemingtraps.com/fleshing-tool.html

Crud, sorry Dan, this question was supposed to be for the July What's It. Can you please surf over to the July What's It and tell us what that tool is actually called? Thanks!