Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! May 29, 2018

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

Featured Topic

Image Of the Week

An amazing set of Irwins! Please see pToad's topic "Find of the Day (Week)"

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_1755.JPGHad a great weekend!  Sunday's Indy 500 was a tad toasty at 92 degrees but we survived.  This week is filled with building 3 pistol cases.  I have a friend that is retiring as a state arson investigator and his Barretta and his badges will go in it.  

Mowed, then mowed some more; Watched the race. Drank a LOT of ice water & tea with 3 consecutive days @92o or >. Went to one yard sale Saturday...came home with some projects...pics in the Handtools Forum forthcoming.

Today started out great until about 1/2 way to H.S.; truck wigged out showing "cam timing/ phaser issues on the left bank; 5.4L gas sounded more like a diesel...dropped girls off for swim; limped it in to town and dropped it off at the shop. I spent ~$2700 2-1/2 years ago having timing chain, phasers, gears, etc. replaced:angry:...MAYBE has 30k miles since.:angry::angry:

More mowing and various other projects...remainder TBD pending on trucks ICU/hospital stay.

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

An amazing set of Irwins! Please see Steven Newman's topic "Find of the Day (Week)"

Correction needed...the post & holy grail tool find belong to @p_toad

Although I'm sure @steven newman is drooling over them like I am:P

Edited by Grandpadave52

Picked a few things over the past weekend....got most of the bed frame built, and ready for assembly...

1888793967_paintjob.jpg.5f47e8343e9a14c419e4165752e64d5c.jpg

Rails and footboard have a gray finish applied...approved by the Boss, no less...had to go out and buy the sawhorses...saved me building them..

parts.jpg.3faad5fc68887fab8abda6ed5fadc513.jpg

Meh...tearing down the "old" bed today, and building this new one in it's place....film @2300 hrs...names may need to be changed, of course:rolleyes:

made an IDPA Carry Optics box yesterday, for use at an upcoming match where they need to make sure guns with optics fit in the box.  some scraps i had laying around.

next week i'll get a mess of pre-finished plywood to make 5 bookcases for my office.

the box:

didn't have any hinges the right size, so blue tape to the rescue.  only 6 shooters will be shooting that type gun, so it only has to last for 6 test fittings.

right side of the front has a 1" dimension from the corner to the opening, and then the opening is 7" long.

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG