Mewe

John Morris

25 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

I wonder how many took the challenge???

I did! I just forgot to post back here, it's as I suspected, my apps are tracked all over the place.

I am in a unique position here though, I need the tracking and I need social media to track my topics and posts, wherever they are on social media. In my use case, tracking is a good thing, it's how I get the word out about our community here. So the tracking and privacy doesn't really bother me.

The reason why I am phasing out FB, is for other reasons not to go into here, it'll open up a whole big can of political worms.

That being said, I am a big supporter of Mark Zuckerberg, he has a business, he's getting rich, and it's up to the users to use his platform with caution. We are all responsible for our own actions, you cannot go on Facebook and expect any amount of privacy, your data will be tracked, your data will be sold. I know that, and I used it.

15 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I did! I just forgot to post back here, it's as I suspected, my apps are tracked all over the place.

I asked as a PSA/FYI for our members...

at least they came be aware of what is going on in/on theirs computers...

like you said, what they do w/ the information is up yo them....

5 hours ago, Stick486 said:

I wonder how many took the challenge???

I did. I'm tracked all over the place, but I don't care.

If I need to browse the Internet clandestinely, I have the Tor browser installed on all my computers.

Archived