Sacrifices of Heros

Myself and a few friends just started a 501c3 Sacrifices Of Heroes dedicated to taking our heros hunting fishing and camping. Being a start up we dont have alot od funds. Weve been hermeraging money from our own pockets. Anybody know of any Grant's or anything along those lines? We just had shirts made and now looking into custom hats and what not as a thank you if someone donates to us. Would be in tier levels. Any info would greatly be appreciated as of right now we can only do very local vets and camping and fishing trips are few and far between. I really hope it picks up. Were tired of losing $$ but will glady do for years to come. Will just have to budget it in hahaha also donated a boat. Possibly Grant's to fix it? We are striving to be able to afford to fly vets in for these trips and hope that time comes sooner rather than later

20180525_160842.jpg

Hey Herb! I have to get intouch with president for all that info. I belive the non proff statuse has been approved and wating on official paperwork to add us to the list of 501c3s in the country. But hes been down and out. And me idk... was hurricane cutting my tall palm with power pole saw.... yea not a good idea with verigo. Fell about 12 feet. Tried to grab the palm out of instinct but instead just loaded my hand with big ol slinters. Then instead of a PFL i did a FAH. Feet, arse, head landing. Hahaha ong it hurts so bad... fml

10 hours ago, Dadio said:

Are you listed somewhere ,where donations can be sent? Sounds like a worthy cause to me.

Herb

10 hours ago, Dadio said:

Are you listed somewhere ,where donations can be sent? Sounds like a worthy cause to me.

Herb

Herb, if anyone feels inclined to a check or money order can be mailed any donated items shipped or here or via pay pall at Justin Stanton. Will provide a tax write off as soon as we have forms. If donated prior will send tax write off as soon as it set. And yes you can concider this a legal binding contract. Any donation of $20 or more gets free shirt.  

10245 hunters haven blvd 

Riverview, FL 33578.

727-859-6857

Please text first or leave voice mail as i dont answer phone # that i dont recognize

Dab nab it Jay, when you come here asking for donations, you better have a place to donate too!!!!!:lol:

Just razzing ya buddy, let us know when you get it all hooked up.

Also, you had better get a website, a 501C or any business or non prof doesn't exist these days unless there is a website, you need one.

Time permitting I may be able to help a little in that realm.

15 hours ago, Jay said:

Were tired of losing $$ but will glady do for years to come.

Welcome to my world Jay!:) And it never stops, always something at the end of the year we have to come up with to balance the books, I have a very understanding wife, and my kids are proud of us here, so that helps me a whole bunch. I just love our community, but it takes time, effort, sweat, tears, stressed relationships in the beginning, finding that even keel, it took years, but we finally hit it as a family, and our community here is in my opinion, one of the greatest woodworking forums and mission generated communities in existence. Now if I can only convince the other woodworkers of our nation that we are that wonderful! :lol:

You my friend Jay, are embarking on a much more in-depth experience than I have here, you are actually with the troops, serving them directly, helping them one on one, and in turn helping you. You are face to face, and you are in the trenches with it all. You have a very challenging road ahead of you, it's not going to be easy, but with your heart, and your motivation, you can do it my friend! We'll help in any way we can.

34 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Welcome to my world Jay!:) And it never stops, always something at the end of the year we have to come up with to balance the books, I have a very understanding wife, and my kids are proud of us here, so that helps me a whole bunch. I just love our community, but it takes time, effort, sweat, tears, stressed relationships in the beginning, finding that even keel, it took years, but we finally hit it as a family, and our community here is in my opinion, one of the greatest woodworking forums and mission generated communities in existence. Now if I can only convince the other woodworkers of our nation that we are that wonderful! :lol:

You my friend Jay, are embarking on a much more in-depth experience than I have here, you are actually with the troops, serving them directly, helping them one on one, and in turn helping you. You are face to face, and you are in the trenches with it all. You have a very challenging road ahead of you, it's not going to be easy, but with your heart, and your motivation, you can do it my friend! We'll help in any way we can.

Thank you john! I plan on a website as soon as paperwork comes back as well as on my fb page. I know it wont be an easy road but i have some great board members thats gonna make it alot easier. We had it kicked back once because of a missing page that didnt print. Only issue is trying to get the word out to vets in the area. Eventually once we have enough funds were going to start flying in vets or paying there fuel bill to drive. We cover wverything 100% for the vets. We have a spot on peace river that is right on the edce of tampa bay. Not a darn thing out there. Last time we went i was night fishing solo cause i couldnt sleep. Had a really erie feelin and something told me to turn around. And i was staring face to face with a fl black panther trying to salk me. Needless to say i pulled the hand cannon just in case and start making a crap ton of noise and she took off. I had to get in the river and clean off if ya know what i mean hahahaha