Land Surveying Equipment Lockers (Build In Progress)

3 minutes ago, kmealy said:

As I started reading, I was going to suggest pre-finished.   Good choice.

First time I have ever used pre-finished Keith, I love it, if I do case work again that requires a clear coat finish, this is the way to go. Really, no finishing? How cool is that! A money maker if you are in the business of case work, and a great time saver.

16 hours ago, schnewj said:

Nice iron in the background...you been holding out on us...?

Looking forward to the rest of the build...

thanks Bill, the build is going good, it was all aholes and elbows in my shop today trying to meet deadline, but it aint gonna happen. I finally just said, screw it, it is what it is. I started in on the second cabinet today, I am supposed to have the third done by end of business tomorrow, but I called the boss and said, it just aint gonna happen, more like next week, they were fine with that.

The iron is my collection I absolutely love, I spent the better part of the last 10 years acquiring those planes you see, they replaced my Stanley's. In the background is a mix of Veritas and Lie Nielsen, I absolutely love them, and they are lovely to use. The shaves hanging on the wall I have not had a chance to use yet, I bought them last year with a little bit of tax refund while I was getting into my shaker rocker, and I decided I want to use some shaves in the process, so I picked up the whole Veritas chair set of shaves, so now all I gotta do is start another chair!

11 hours ago, Gerald said:

What are they going to do when you retire for all these building projects? Looks like it will be really sturdy.

Well Gerald, I guess they'll see what a real professional cost when they have to go out and hire, and pay prevailing wages for a contractor insured and bonded and with a ton of overhead! :lol: Ya, they'll miss me.

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Mystery of the lumber stack solved.

Well actually Gene, I only need three of those sheets for the doors, the rest goes back to the office storage. The ply sheets on my bench in the other topic were today, before I cleared off my bench to make room for another surveyors office project, a retirement gift for one of our retirees. Those cabinets were installed about a week and a half ago.

Thanks for the kudos!